Can Oral Collagen Builders Be Used with Sculptra?

I have been using Sculptra for a few years and absolutely love it. I am thinking of adding an oral supplement with, inter alia, collagen builders. Is this okay? Thank you.

Oral collagen supplements can be confusing.

+2

Unfortunately, oral collagen supplements have no scientific studies that show they work, so it might be better to spend your money on good multivitamins, especially Vit. C, adequate protein, and more Sculptra. Oh yes, avoid smoking and excessive skin damage because they will certainly deplete your collagen faster as you age.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unless you have some results we have not seen, oral colllagen builders do not work.

+2

If you want to build collagen and make your face appear more youthful, you are likely to do better by spending your money on a "Mixto Shrink".  We regularly use the Mixto simultaneously over Sculptra to enhance the result of both the Sculptra and the Mixto. (There seems to be a Synergy between the two treatments.)  Patients who are in the South and have sun injury do particularly well with this combination.

Dr. Mayl

Fort Lauderdale

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Oral Collagen Builders With Sculptra

+2

Although there are no studies to prove the efficacy of taking oral collagen builders with your Sculptra treatments, common sense prevails. It's always a good idea to eat and exercise healthfully and to add supplements where necessary. Sculptra is one of my favorite products for restoring a more youthful shape to the face. The older concept that “tighter is better” has been replaced by recognizing the importance of volume distribution as a defining characteristic of a more youthful face. The photo below shows the effect of my injecting Sculptra to restore the volume to my wife's cheeks (she just turned 59).

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/sculptra/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Should Be OK

+2

I am glad you are having such success with Sculptra. It agree, it is a great product. 

There would not be any reason that oral collagen builders such as zinc, Vitamin C and iron would not help. In fact it should be encouraged. Collagen per se, would be broken down in the digestive process. Make sure you have a diet rich in protein too.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Old collagen treatments were made from actual cow collagen

+1

I’m not sure what oral collagen builders are, but old collagen treatments were made from actual cow collagen called bovine collagen.  These products are not used like Sculptra.  However, any collagen treatments can be used in addition to Sculptra.

Web reference: http://www.sculptradoctor.com/

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

The elusive fountain of youth...

+1

Please save your money and don't take oral collagen to "assist" in building collagen.  When you ingest collagen orally, it is broken down and the protein is used for whatever the body chooses.  It is not "directed" at aiding collagen production in the skin.  I would use those saving to get more Sculptra. 

Tucson Oculoplastic Surgeon