Options For Weak Jaw Line and Sagging Cheeks?

Hi Drs,I was wondering what are my options to restore facial fullness of my cheeks and heigth in my jaw line? I'm 34 years old. I always used to have full cheeks and a normal jaw line that made me look alot younger than my age but, since I extracted 5 permanent teeth for braces, My face is a mess. Now i would like to know what are my options. Can mandibular implants give support to cheeks? will that help to give heigth to the jaw area? Right now im so drepresed. Please Help! Thanks.

Options for weak jawline and sagging cheeks.

+3

I have used Cheek Implants to shape the face for over 20 years and photos would help in the evaluation process.  Mandibular implants can be used but IMHO the complications outweigh the benefits and I can't recommend their use.  Fillers can be used to augment the jawline. 

Weak jaw and sagging cheeks.

+3

Weak jaw and sagging cheeks may require different types of surgery for different problems. I need to see photos to give you a valid answer.

Weak jaw line

+3

It's difficult to advise you without photos but at your age I would consider fillers first and see how you like the effect. Implants can enhance the jawline and midface but are obviuosly more invasive. Get a consult with a surgeon who does both.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Weak jawline and sagging cheeks

+2

This is a complex issue, difficult to answer online without seeing a photo. There are many options for improving the skeletal and soft tissue components of the face. I would recommend you see a Board-certified plastic surgeon to determine the best option, which might require some jaw skeletal improvement.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Cheek Implants can add Fullness

+2

Cheek implants can lift and add fullness to the face and at your age is a better solution than a pre-auricular facelift. In my office cheek implants are placed under local anesthesia in 30 minutes and look fantastic. The incision is under the upper lip and completely hidden. You are back to your regular activities in a couple of days.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Multiple Options for Restoring Facial Contours

+2

I agree it is difficult to assess how much change you need without a picture but implants, fillers and/or a surgical lift are all possibilities.  My recommendation is to find someone who can offer you all of the above so that you will get what exactly what you need and not get over or under treated.  Good luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restoring Facial Youthfulness

+2

As we age, our faces start to sag as our skin loses elasticity and fat giving a flattened appearance in the cheek area and sagging in the jawline.  The youthful facial appearance can be restored in the cheeks and midface region using advanced techniques with fillers +/- implants.   While it is difficult to comment without having any photos, what you describe can be addressed and improved to restore youthfulness to your face.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Customized Mini Lift and Fat Injections for weak jaw line and sagging cheeks in 34 year old

+1

34 is certainly a young age to be considering an kind of face lift but as surgeons it is important to treat anatomy and not just the age of a patient. A picture would be helpful but let's discuss based on your history.

It is apparent that the underlying bone support for your jaw line is not as optimal as it once was due to the dental extractions. Therefore the first step is to see if an oral surgeon can correct this because if they can then your jaw line may come back to normal and you will not need anything.

If however the bone support is gone then you can consider a customized Mini Lift. I say customized because again given your age, the Mini Lift will need to be designed with minimal incisions and subtle results to stay natural.

For the sagging cheeks implants are an option but I'm not sure I would offer implants in a young patient when fat injections are so easy to do and can have such a natural result.

Mandibular implants an be helpful but are a mixed bag. Again given your age you may be better of improving mandibular height with fillers like radiesse. I would focus first on the weak jaw line and sagging cheeks because once these are corrected you may not even need to address mandibular height.

Be well,

Dr. J

Kamran Jafri, MD

Sagging cheeks

+1

It is very unusual to see sagging cheeks at age 34.  If you have a flat cheek are and desire to augment that area, consider cheek implants.  These are small silastic wafers place intra-orally over the maxilla . They simply make your cheeks more prominent 

Options for weak jawline and sagging cheeks

+1

There are many great options to improve the appearance of the jawline and cheeks. If your main issue with the cheeks is sagging skin, a facelift where the skin is lifted vertically may be necessary. However, 34 is a bit young for having a facelift performed and you may benefit from other options. To restore volume in the cheeks, a filler such as Perlane or Radiesse works fantastic. Another option is what is called a "vampire facelift," where PRP (platelet rich plasma) is injected just underneath the skin in the cheek area. This can help give you 10-15% more volume in the face over time, and can last a few years. The results with this are not instant, they may take around 8 weeks to see. It can also give you more of a glow and healthier looking skin. The vampire facelift can also be complemented with filler in the cheeks to enhance the overall result. The jawline can be enhanced with a chin implant, and submental/jowl liposuction if necessary. The best procedures for you would depend on your individual needs. From here, I would recommend a consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who has a great deal of experience. He/she may use computer imaging software to morph your photo and give you an idea of how the final result may appear. Thank you, and I hope this helps answer your questions!

Paul S. Nassif, MD