Are There Any Options for Upper Pole Fullness Following Implant Removal?

I had HP 350 cc implants for 2 years and felt that I was too big (DD) and was unhappy. I had them removed a week ago and am getting used to my new breasts. I am thrilled with my size (34C) but sad about my volume loss. Are there any options to help with my upper pole volume? I was afraid to try a different implant for fear it would be too big, which happened the first time.

Upper pole fullness after implant removal

+2

There are basically only 3 choices that can give you some upper pole fullness:

1)  consider a small implant

2)  do a breast lift,

3) or consider fat grafting to the upper pole of the breast, using pre-operative expansion with BRAVA.

All of them have pros & cons.  Your surgeon can advise you on these options during a consultation.

Upper Pole Fullness

+1

I agree that a breast lift will help "a little" but if you really want upper pole fullness, a small implant placed at the same time as a breast lift would be the best option.  Make sure you get good advice and that your "goals" are communicated clearly with your surgeon.

Increasing upper pole fullness of breasts

+1

You'll probably need breast implants to improve upper pole fullness.  A lift alone can provide some fullness, but the amount is usually very small.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Creating Upper Pole Fullness Following Implant Removal

+1

It is possible to create improvement in upper pole fullness by underoing a mastopexy breast lift. This does involve incision lines on the skin (usually around the nipple area and down the breast). If you're totally opposed to incision lines there could be other options but it would be best for you to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who can make recommendations tailored to your body.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Upper pole fullness

+1

Really the best way to get upper pole fullness is by placing an implants. A lift will give more fullness but it will not augment it as much as an implant.

Upper breast fullness after implant removal

+1

The loss of volume in the upper part of the breast is the biggest sacrifice after implant removal. A breast lift or mastopexy can partially solve the problem if you are certain you wish to avoid another implant. Lift with a small subglandular breast implant if often the best solution with only a modest increase in cup size.

peterejohnsonmd

Breast implants or lift for increased volume

+1

I would perhaps consider re implantation with smaller implants.  From your photo, a breast lift may be possible, (depending on the position of the nipple in relation to the infra mammary fold underneath). This may reposition the nipple higher on the breast mound and even provide more upper pole fullness early on but the fullness will probably come down with time as your tissues stretch.

Stephen Delia, MD

Breast lift

+1

Based on your photos, you can have upper pole fullness with a breast lift.  Which means scars around your nipples and other areas of the breast.  Another option is another implant! Perhaps a smaller one.

Shahin Javaheri, MD