Options for a Thinner-Looking, More Defined Face

I'm 22 and I hate my face. It looks much too big for my eyes, nose and mouth and it is very round with chubby cheeks. Both my father and his mom still have those chubby cheeks but they are now sagging. What can I do to have a more defined, thinner face with cheeks that go in a bit more? I know there's buccal fat removal but I was wondering what else I can do and if there are any cheaper, faster-recovering alternatives to it?

Achieving a thinner face

+2

Ah, youth is wasted on the young!

You have a beautiful face and it would be a travesty to remove your buccal fat pads.  As you burn through your facial fat (assuming you do not gain a great deal of weight), your face will naturally become more angular and sculpted.

I would not recommend any fat melting treatments or liposuction

If you remove the buccal fat pads, you are likely to be faced with excessive gauntness in your 30's.

Options for more defined face.

+1

Your face looks great now and in proportion. Buccal fat removal will not give you  what you think you need. As we age we need that fat so as not to look hollow. You  can always find some surgeon to operate on you, but you will look worse.

Buccal fat pad removal

+1

The buccal fat pad removal affects the lower cheek area in line with the ear lobes. I would not recommend it and I do not think it will give you what you are looking for. On smiling you already have a natural concave contour in this area.

Aaron Stone, MD