Options for Skin Rejuvination for a 60 Year Old?

Hi, I'm 61 yrs old and my skin still breaks out. I had Deep FX and started getting so many blackheads. I still pick, so needless to say, my face is a mess. I also have very large pores around my nose and on my chin.

Really unhappy with my skin. At this point I think I would give my left arm to have decent skin. Years ago, I had a Phenol peel with which left my skin two toned, but it's very smooth.

Facial Skin rejuvenation for mature skin

+1

You need to pursue a multi-prong approach and address specific reasons for skin aging. Botox or Dysport should be considered for upper 1/3 of face to minimize crows feet, 11's and forehead horizontal lines. Fillers such as Restylane, Juvederm or Radiesse should be considered for deep smile lines along nasolabial folds. Cheek augmentation and replenish of volume along upper 1/2 of the face can be achieved with Sculptra. Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing may have to be repeated at a later date to maintain tightening and smoothness of the skin.

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Skin Rejuvenation in Sixty Year Old

+1

Hi Needs to Know,

Deep FX is usually a very good treatment for what you are describing. If you are happy with your treating physician ask about a second, more aggressive treatment.

Fraxel re:pair is another fractionated CO2 technology that works very well to rejuvenate the skin. Both re:pair and Deep FX will not cure you from picking. They help with pores, but I have not been impressed with overall shrinkage of large, blackhead type pores.

The fractionated CO2 lasers should help with the line of demarcation that you were left with following your phenol peel.

Be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD