What Are my Best Options for Saddlebags and Cellulite?

I'm about 5'4/110lbs, but have saddle bags and cellulite on the back of my upper thighs. I've read that liposuction can make cellulite worse, so what would be my best options? Would it help to get fat injections on the side of butt, to widen it & minimize appearance of saddlebags "jutting out"?

Liposuction and cellulite

+1
If you area a candidaye for liosuctions of the outer thighs (saddle bags) and you have cellulite, then you should have the liposuction and not have the fat injections as you thought. See how you heal first before doing anything else.

Saddlebag treatment

+1

Saddle bags are prevalent in many patients. The best way to treat this with the least amount of trauma is liposuction. Unfortunately, there is no good treatment of cellulite.

Best options for saddlebags and cellulite

+1

I would recommend the Body Jet  (WATER) Lipo so to have very pure fat if transfer is needed. Than use the Smart Lipo MPX 35 watt unit to help with cellulite.

From MIAMI dr. B

Liposuction is great to great the "saddle bags" of your legs

+1

Liposuction is great to remove the excess fat associated with the sides of the legs, or the "saddle bags."  However, cellulite is very difficult to treat.  Liposuction may even make it worse.  If there are very deep pockets of cellulite, fat grafting can help to fill in these areas.  The liposuction of the hips takes about 1-2 hours depending on how much fat is present, and the recovery is about 1-2 days.  Compression garments are usually worn for 6 weeks afterward to help prevent any fluid collections from occurring.  

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Liposuction and Thermage for saddlebags and cellulite

+1

Today liposuction can be used to recontour the body from head to toe, including the hips, thighs, buttocks, back, calves, ankles, and knees. New technology that's gentler and faster than ever before not only allows the removal of large amounts of fat, but also resculpts the body.

Smart Lipo is a form of liposuction that uses laser light to liquefy fat and tighten the surrounding skin. It involves less downtime and side-effects than traditional liposuction and is particularly good for small areas of fat deposits. It also helps improve skin laxity. Sometimes a combination technique using both Thermage and Smart Lipo is best when there is moderate skin laxity.

Thermage is a non-surgical (no incision!) treatment that can tighten skin and stimulate your body to make healthier collagen—the building block that provides structure to your skin. The procedure uses radiofrequency technology called ThermaCool® that has been clinically proven to tighten and gently lift skin to smooth out wrinkles and renew facial contours. Fast and easy, Thermage requires no downtime from normal activities.

And unlike laser treatments, Thermage can be performed on patients of all skin types. Thermage can be used all over the body, including the abdomen. In only one treatment, patients report smoothing and tightening with lasting results. Tighten and lift without surgery, injections, or downtime.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Cellulite usually improves with the microcanula liposuction technique.

+1

Saddle bags do great with the micro canula liposuction technique and the cellulite usually improves as well.  Traditional liposuction can make cellulite worse.  Expect to pay around $5000 for the microcanula liposuction but it is so worth it.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Saddlebags and liposuction

+1

Generally the lateral thigh (saddlebag) is a good area for liposuction because the skin shrinks reasonably well there in most people.  There is no specific treatment for cellulite that works so our goal is to not increase it since we can't eliminate it.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Saddlebag Liposuction

+1

The saddllebag area is one of these areas that are very amendable to liposuction, and do a good job.  With regards to cellulite, that is always a tricky answer.  However, generally, liposuction in the saddlebag area does a good job of eliminating some of the cellulite as well, as long as you use some sort of ultrasonic liposuction to smooth out the underneath of the skin/fat adherence junction.  Cellulite in other areas is very hard to tackle, but the saddlebag area is pretty responsive. I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon