How else to Restore Volume to Face if Too Skinny for a Fat Transfer?

As I see, fat autograft seems an effective measure to restore the volume of the face, yet if I do not have enough fat for extraction, are there any other options since I think there are limitations (or too costly) for fillers for large volume restoration.

Adding Volume to the Face for a youthful Look

+2

Most of us can spare the small amount of fat needed for facial fat grafting. For this reason fat is probably the ideal and most economic way to add volume to the face. If fat is completely out of the question the next long-lasting solution would be Sculptra. Lastly, Radiesse and Perlane could be used in the deep tissue spaces of the cheeks while Juvederm/Restylane could be used in the superficial layers but the latter fillers would prove the costliest alternative long-term.

Scupltra is Ideal for Restoring Facial Volume

+1

This is a question I hear often in my practice.  As a general rule of thumb, I prefer to use Sculptra or injectable fillers for the cheeks and restoring volume in the facebecause they are predictable in terms of duration and placement. With Sculptra and you can fill the area gradually- over time- for a softer, more natural look.  Best of luck, Dr. Clevens

Web reference: http://www.drclevens.com/sculptra.htm

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Too skinny for fat harvest, really? Fat/sculptra/vampire injection combo.

+1

We have mixed fat with growth factors with the Selphyl technique in the past for skinny people whose fat harvest seemed inadequate.  Scultpra can also be added to the mix.  I have obtained fat from professional dancers who have notoriously little fat to get.  It often depends on how hard the doctor looks, how hard he tries, what technique is used to purify the fat and separate it from the blood that accompanies a traumatic extraction.

Filler to improve the gaunt look

+1

Hi there-

The best option for you in my opinion would be Sculptra. Sculptra allows a very long lasting and natural restoration of volume to the face with little to no risk and at acceptable cost.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Fat transfer

+1

I have transfered larger pieces of fat into the face with good results but the other option are facial implants which can "fill out" the cheeks, chin, jaws in addition to facial fillers.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Facial volume enhancement

+1

Generally, fat transfer is a great option for facial rejuvenation. When sufficient fat is unavailable, or patient preference, alternative facial fillers or cosmetic surgery are available to add facial volume. The two current fillers that are good options for volume enhancement is Sculptra and Radiesse. Alternatively, silicone implants for cheek augmentation may rejuvenate the midface. Each cosmetic treatment has its own advantages and disadvantages. Only after a comprehensive evaluation by a dermatologist or plastic surgeon can he/she help determine an appropriate facial plastic surgery option for you. Best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/med-spa/fat-transfers.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat injection to the face

+1

Most of the time there is some area that has some fat, inner thighs, hips, buttock, arms. Other methods to consider are implants in certain areas

Sculptra for volume enhancement

+1

Sculptra can be used in similar way to fat, with the exception that I wouldn't put it around the eyes. Sculptra is not technically permanent, but can last for years and is more predictable than fat.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra Instead of Fat in Skinny Minny

+1

Hi Jenny,

Consider using Sculptra to re-fill the volume that you have lost in your face. The lateral thigh area usually has enough fat to fill the face. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Sculptra for facial volume if fat is not available

+1

Sculptra and Radiesse can be used for volume when there is not enough fat in the donor areas. Sculptra is not an immediate filler but makes your body produce more collagen in response to the treatment. Radiesse is an immediate filler but may be more expensive depending on the number of syringes needed.