Options for Removing PMMA Around Eyes and Upper Cheeks?

I received PMMA fillers around the rims of my eyes and in my upper cheeks about 3 months ago, and the area is too full. I was wondering if Kenalog might be able to help prevent the collagen formation since the injections are fairly new. Please help..this is awful.

+1

Regarding: "I received PMMA fillers around the rims of my eyes and in my upper cheeks about 3 months ago, and the area is too full. .. Please help..this is awful."

PMMA (polymethylmethacrylate) is the chemical name for Plexiglass / Lucite , or acrylic safety glass. It has been used since the 1930's for many applications including aquariums, ice hockey spectator protection walls, airplane and police car windows, acrylic paints, inraocular lens implants,dentures and bone cement in Orthopedic surgery, among others.

Unfortunately, PMMA is permanent and the filler consists of millions of tiny PMMA balls dispersed through the tissues. These can never be recovered unless the whole area is surgically excised. As a result, injection of PMMA fillers in the area around the eyes which has the thinnest skin in the body is shortsighted and foolish since it cannot be easily reversed.

Injections of corticosteroids will reduce the inflammation but may be associated with long term thinning of the tissues and of the skin with more prominence of the filler.

No easy solution. Sorry.