Options to remove residual hump? (photo)

If I still have a slight residual hump, what are my options for revision after waiting 1 year? I've read about everything from in-office rasping with a needle through small incisions (with local anesthetic and patient awake), to complete surgery needed in the OR. I am hoping major surgery is not necessary. I know I need to be patient (I am ~7 weeks post-op), but I just want to know what the options are. Is the cost similar to the original surgery? (I paid $13K for septo/rhinoplasty).

Persistent Hump After Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi,

It looks like you have some dorsal septal cartilage retained in the midvault region of your nose. This will probably need to be shaved down. It can be done as an office procedure under local sedation.

Dr.S.

Options to remove residual hump?

+1

I think that you can have that revised through a closed rhinoplasty approach for much less.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.