Options After No Visible Results from Eyelid Surgery?

I'm a 30 year old male and I had lower Eyelid surgery 2 weeks ago. I must say that I'm not happy with the results at all. I barely see a difference and I felt that if I would have known before hand that these would be the results, I would have never gotten the procedure done.

My friends, family, and co-workers all say that they don't really notice much of a difference. How do I go about letting my Doctor know I'm not happy without disrespecting him? What are my options because I feel I got robbed?

There is considerable swelling just two weeks out.

+2

Dear Theusedboy

Lower blepharoplasty is a sculpting procedure. The over all results should be subtle. At two weeks, the swelling often covers the effect of the graded fat removal.

It is likely that it may take several more weeks for the lower eyelid swelling to further resolve. After pictures are invaluable for following the results of surgery.

So try not to worry at this point. You should feel to talk about your concerns with your surgeon but ultimately, you are likely to be advised to be patient. Right now, it really does not matter what your friends think.

Hang in there and try to be patient.

Dr. Steinsapir

You can't judge your final result 2 weeks after lower eyelid surgery.

+2

You are likely seeing residual swelling that will soon disappear. You should not be embarassed to bring your concerns to your surgeon who would be the best source of information at this early post-operative stage. It may be useful to see some side-by-side before and after photos to show that things are moving in the right direction.

Best regards.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks after eyelid surgery is too early

+2

You probably still have swelling related to the surgery. Friends and family members while mean well, can sometimes make you feel discouraged. You should have no hesitation going back to your surgeon. You can voice your concerns without feeling that you are being disrespectful. Most of the time, these problems are more related to miscommunication more than anything.

If your doctor finds that you have indeed very little improvement then she or he might recommend a different treatment.

Please remember, if very little is removed from the eyelid, it can be corrected; but if too much is removed for a bigger result, it can be very difficult to fix it.

Regards!

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Too soon to judge

+1

Since it has only been two weeks since your surgery and you are not fully healed yet, it is difficult to know whether or not you have an excellent cosmetic result from your eyelid surgery. It is important that you review the before-and-after pictures after a couple of months to know that indeed you either have or have not gotten any improvement.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com