What Are Options if Don't Want Implant & Told Not Enough Tissue for Lift?

I'm considering explant of 150cc implants. I had a lift subsequent to having the implants placed b/c the implants did not fill the add'l skin. What can I expect post-explant? Will the prior lift leave puckers? Is it true that there are cases where lifts can not be performed due to insufficient tissue? Why can a surgeon not remove as much skin as necessary, leaving a very small/flat breast but upright nipple?

After Breast Implant Removal Expectations?

+1

What your breasts will look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Removal of breast implants and other procedures

+1

It 's hard to give you an exact answer without actually seeing you.  However, a tissue expander may be needed if you don't have any breast tissue left after the implant removal.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Appearance of breasts after implant removal

+1

It is difficult to say what the outcome will be once you remove the implants.  Sometimes they look quite reasonable.  A lfit can usually  be done at a later time for women with very little tissue once things have settled. 

Appearance of breast after implant removal: will I need a lift?

+1

Removing a 150cc implant will generally NOT cause a significant volume deficit to cause any notable shalpe change. However, my advice would be to consider staged treatment with implant removal and reassessment at 6 monhts. Another alternative is selective volume replacement with fat grafting.

Implant removal

+1

Without photos it is difficult to give a proper explanation; however, 150cc implants generally do not stretch the tissue that much, so excision of skin may not be necessary.  Generally, when removing any skin of the breast, one has to pay attention to the anatomy of the area.  The location of the nipple, etc, impact how much and where to remove "extra" tissue.

Shahin Javaheri, MD