Options for Immediate Revision Rhinoplasty?

How can my nose be fixed now? I know I need to wait a year, but what options do I have for revision? Should I go to the same doctor?

6 weeks is too soon to judge your final result after Rhinoplasty.

+1

I read your question and I saw your pictures. The asymmetry you see is obvious, but so is your nasal swelling. You appear quite swollen, and with time, as this subsides, your appearance may improve as well.

If you're not happy with how your nose is progressing over the next 2 to 3 months, you should get a second opinion from a board-certified facial plastic surgeon experienced in rhinoplasty.

Best regards.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Nostrils

+1

Nostrils wjich are this asymmetric will probably need further surgery in the future to make them more even. It looks like you had excision of some skin at the nostril base, but more on the right. It is much easier to take more from the left than it is to add to the right.

Ira D. Papel, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Get another opinion

+1

If your surgeon does not seem to address your concern, then it would be wise to get a second opinion. Do that from a very experienced plastic surgeon, one with a lot of experience with revision rhinoplasty. This is always a challenging procedure. You should also realize that 6 weeks is very early. Even the new surgeon will tell you to wait for several months before deciding on a course of action. I'm so sorry that you are unhappy and I wish you the best of luck.

Sirish Maddali, MD

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

You definitely have to give it more time to heal.  The nostrils can be adjusted a bit probably be treating the left side. You cannot make the right one bigger without  extreme difficulty and a lot of scarring.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

You still have nasal swelling. Some of this will settle.

You do not have to wait one year to improve the outcome. If you are not happy with the first surgeon get a second or even a third opinion.

Nicole Schrader, MD, FACS
Princeton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

You are lucky to be in Chicago as you have some real good revision rhinoplasty surgeons. Dean Toriumi, Regan Thomas and Steven Dayan.

You should definitely see one of them and then follow your gut.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon