What are some options for safety devices on Botox needles?

What safety device needles are you using when administering Botox? I am trying to help a physician become OSHA compliant.

OSHA

+2
You don't need any safety needle.  OSHA requires that you evaluate safety needles that are available, not that you adopt their use.  I don't know of any safety needle that comes in a 32 gauge.

Safety devices and Botox

+1
There are many different types of needles and injections that can be used.  However, most experience injectors use a 30 or 32 gauge needle or tuberculin syringe.  If the physician doesn't know which needle to use then I suggest you seek a board certified dermatologist with experience in Botox for injections.

Michele S. Green, MD

+1
The best safety device for Botox is a very experienced plastic surgeon or dermatologist. As far as the needle goes, I prefer a 32gauge needle.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Do not need safety device needle

+1
I do not think you would need to use a safety device needle for Botox to be OSHA compliant.  Most people use a 30 gauge 1/2 inch needle or a tuberculin syringe.  If your physician isn't sure about that or comfortable injecting Botox, I think they may want to reconsider what they are offering patients.

Jason Brett Lichten, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon