Ask a doctor

Options for Reducing a Large Mons Pubis?

Hi! I have a large mons pubis and I can't wear tight pants/dresses because of it. I was wondering what could be done with regards to surgery or exercise, what any sort of surgery procedure would cost, etc. I've never been overweight, I play sport once a week but don't exercise much otherwise. Now that I'm 18 and can go clubbing (I'm Australian), it would be really nice to be able to wear a tight dress, except for that gets in the way! Thank you for your help.

Doctor Answers (1)

Mons Reduction is possible


While you may think that your problem is unusual, it is not. In fact, I perform several mons-reductions each week. This can be done with liposuction, direct excision of tissue, or most commonly, a combination of both.  If an excision of skin is necessary, the scar is low and very similar to a c-section scar.  If you ever feel like making the trip to NYC, give my office a call and we will take care of you.

New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 197 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.