Laser Resurfacing for Eyelid Rejuvenation

I had an endoscopic brow lift in the fall of 2006. I still had loose, crepey skin on my upper eyelids so my doctor told me to wait several months to "let things settle" he said, but after almost a year, my eyelids were still hooded, and I had loose, crepey skin. Now he suggest doing Laser resurfacing on my upper lids to tighten them. Will this actually solve this problem?

Nothing removes all lines unfortunately

+3

It sounds as though you have had an agressive treatment program so far. It may have been a miscommunication from your MD but there are no treatments in existence that remove all lines. If you lasered deep enough into the skin to try to get this to result, you would have a dramatic increase in the rate of hypopigmentation where your skin permanently looses color. In addition, deep lasering carries an increased risk of scars.

Without seing you, one can't determine if a revision of your blepharoplasty might help but please alter your expectations to ones where a dramatic reduction in lines is the goal, not their total elimination.

Eyelid asymmetry

+2

It is difficult if not impossible to answer your questions without seeing you in person.

Laser resurfacing will help tighten loose skin to some extent but it well certainly not correct significant asymmetry nor will it eliminate all lines or wrinkles from your skin.

You may wish to see other surgeons for a consultation before doing additional procedures.

Sam Naficy, MD

Blepharoplasty better than laser resurfacing for upper eyelids.

+1

Hi.

The problem here is probably excess skin, and blepharoplasty fixes this best.  Laser resurfacing has more of a role in the lower eyelids.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Upper blepharoplasty is required to remove excess crepy upper eyelid skin

+1

Laser resurfacing is excellent for removing skin wrinkles. Only minmal skin tightening occurs with safe levels of laser resurfacing.

If you have significant loose, crepy upper eyelid skin, you will be disappointed with laser resurfacing of the upper eyelids.

Upper blepharoplasty is safe, effective with minimal recovery.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Laser Resurfacing on the eyelids

+1

Laser resurfacing on the upper eyelids can tighten the skin. However, the results are usually minimal. Don’t expect to set the world on fire with a laser resurfacing treatment on the eyelids. Unfortunately there is not much that can be done for this problem other than surgery.

David Goldberg, MD