Options for Breast Implant Revision?

(Original Implants 1986) I have 325 cc's under the muscle and have been very happy until recently. My breasts look longish and my tissue droops over the implant. Not a lot, but I don't like the 'snoopy' shape. I like a round fake look. When my original surgery was done, there weren't the options available today. My implants are probably low profile and take up alot of space on my chest. I'm 5'5" 125 lbs with a band measurement of 30". I don't have pictures yet, but will take some.

Options for Breast Implants

+1

Definitely pictures would help.  In general the options could be a breast lift over your existing implants or implant exchange with an modest size increase and possible lift.

Dr. ES

Options for Breast Implant Revision?

+1

Obviously it is not possible to comment on yur specific situation without at least seeing photos. But in general, when we see patients with old implants and 20+ years of aging of the breast tissue, they need new implants which need repositioning from the old ones and often need a breast lift. It also usually takes some considerable counseling in realistic expectations as we cannot always achieve a look of a twenty-something breast on a 40 something chest. Of course that is not always the case, but it's a frequent cause of dissatisfaction.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Implant options

+1

There are many different breast implant options that were not available more than 25 years ago. But, if your breasts are also haning over your implants, you probably need a lift of some sort. It is best to go for an exam.

Breast revision

+1

There are so many options with different styles and dimensions of implants, different techniques of lifts, and choices of under or over-muscle positioning that you need an in-depth consultation in person with a board-certified plastic surgery. You should go through the options with your specific goals in mind, taking into consideration that some compromises might be necessary.

Robin T. W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Longish Snoopy shaped breasts

+1

If your implants were placed in 1986 they likely are no longer intact and you have developed a degree of capsular contracture. It is likely that by removing the scar tissue and replacing the implants you will not need any lift at all. All implants circa 1986 were low/moderate profile so you have more options today. Get an opinion from an experienced board certified breast surgeon! Good luck!!!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant revision

+1

There are two issues here.  The first is the droopy tissue and requires a breast lift to fix the Snoopy nose look. Remember that implants do not lift the breast, they just make it bigger and fuller.  The second issue is the size and look you want.  This can be altered by going with a higher profile implant for a fuller look.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS