Best Options for Aging Face, 65 Year Old Woman? VIDEO

Please see attached video about my face!

A full facelift is likely your best option.

+3

Thank you for your question and the photos.

A full facelift is likely your best option. If you do not wish to have surgery, aggressive fractionated laser resurfacing with some strategic botox and injectable fillers can give you partial improvement.  If you go the nonsurgical route, multiple treatments would be necessary and these costs add up over time.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

Best Options for Aging Face, 65 Year Old Woman?

+2

Thanks for posting your question and video.  Your face show the typical signs of aging as does the neck.  A minimal incision Face Lift with shaping of the cheeks anteriorly (front) would rejuvenate the face making it appear more feminine and naturally attractive.  This can be performed using smaller incisions in about 90 minutes with a quick recovery time.

The neck is the issue that would need to be determined as it constitutes the majority of the excess skin, surgical time and recovery.  If you are happy with a 60-70% reduction of excess neck skin, a limited procedure would be applicable for a 65 year-old.  If, on the other hand, you're looking for a smooth neck...then a full Neck Lift would be required.  This adds approximately 3 hours of surgery time and 10 days to the recovery due to the amount of tissue dissection and blood vessels within the neck.

Disregard any specific board or member that touts superiority over any other in performing Face Lifts.  These claims are disingenuous and unsubstantiated...in fact if any one board should claim superiority in Face Lifts, wouldn't it be Facial Plastic Surgeons who are board certified in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.  These arguments are self-serving, childish and off topic IMHO.

I have performed Face Lifts for over 25 years and IMHO, you as a consumer, should seek out the most experienced Face Lift Surgeon that you can find that understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face...not one that is wind-blown or makes the face look like the joker.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/PalmerCelebrityLift.html

Your face and neck.

+2

Thank you for the question.  You video was very helpful.   I think the other surgeons have done a nice job of describing your options so I'll just run down the practical aspects for you. To achieve what you're looking for I do think surgery would be your best option.  Very frankly speaking you can expect 10 to 14 days before you would want to return to work/social activities.  Now this isn't 2 weeks of suffering but simply put it's unlikely your swelling or bruising would reach the point where you'd want to be in the public eye.  It would about about 3 weeks before you are looking enough like your previous, but now improved self, to return to work unnoticed.  You can have this performed under local, which is my preference since the complication rate is lower and I feel the patients heal faster.  I'll attach a video that will review the risks and the process.  Regarding Lifestyle Lift.  It's a marketing program, nothing more.  It's still a face and neck lift and your healing time would be the same if you were receiving the procedure needed to provide you with the results you desire.

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jowls and Nasolabibial Folds

+2

Hi,

Thanks for the video, its nice to actually hear and see someone rather than just answering questions in a  vacuum. As far as your jowls and neck go, a lifting procedure such as a lower facelift or minifacel lift can address those issues nicely. These procedures can be done under local anaesthesia with minimal sedation. This reduces all risks associated with general anasthesia. Mini-facelift simply implies less surgical dissection which in turn results in less swelling and bruising and faster recovery. Most patients in my practice are candidates for either a lower facelift or mini- facelift procedure as I believe you are. The nasal - labial folds ( fold between the nose and corner of your mouth) will not improve with any kind of facelift procedure. The best option for this are injectable fillers. Hope this helps. See video and weblink below.

Web reference: http://www.sluplift.com

Facelift

+2

There are lots of nonsurgical options offered, but none of them will give you the results you want so it is best not to waste your resources in that way. Rejuvenation in your case means repositioning the tissues, especially the deep tissues, to take away many of the changes due to gravity. If you simply lay on your back and hold a mirror directly over your face you will get a good approximation of the changes you can get from a good facelift. There are no shortcuts to that. You mentiioned a Lifestyle Lift, but that is a surgical procedure best reserved for a younger person seeking minimal changes. And even that is a surgical procedure. Interview 2 0r 3 surgeons in your area that do a large volume of facial cosmet surgery and you will have a change you like that will last for years.

Full Face and Neck Lift

+1

I would recommend a full face and neck lift to address your concerns.  This can be performed with a short scar facelift.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facelifts each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Face-and-Neck-Lift.php

Numerous options..

+1

Thank you for your video. Your desire to avoid surgery is natural however the issues you are concerned about when you lifted your cheeks and neck can only be addressed surgically. That being said, there are numerous options for the kind of surgery you can have. I have specialized in facial aging procedures (non surgical and surgical) for about  20 years and wrote a book "The Fine Art of Looking Younger". There is no shortage of gimmicks in the field of Cosmetic Medicine. Non surgical facelifts, liquid facelifts, radiofrequency or "1 hour miracle procedures" consistently over promise and under deliver. I have spent many years performing the type of procedure you need under local anesthesia with sedation ("twilight") such that the majority of my patients feel comfortable and look very good in as little as one week. Many times, I have found people like yourself to be hesitant to have surgery from knowing people who had problems o results they don't like or seeing problems on sites like this as well as other sites and magazines which feature "plastic surgery disasters". I recommend you save your money and avoid non surgical procedure and "revolutionary 1 hour facelifts" and look for a surgeon who you feel will connect with you. I think that once you've developed a sense of trust and confidence in a surgeon, you will ultimately look the way you want and be glad you had the right procedure.

Web reference: http://prasadcosmeticsurgery.com/

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Filling instead of face lifting is possible and could even be better than traditional facelifting

+1

You don't have to have a facelift to look rejuvenated. But sometimes a facelift can help with your jowls and neck. You should look into filling your face in just the right way. If done thoughtfully, you can make your face smaller and more youthful at the same time.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

The Best procedure addresses your desires with the least risk.

+1

Thank you for the photos and the video was fantastic. You will see a variety of procedures advocated or even promoted on the internet. No one procedure is best. In general the surgical procedures with a shorter downtime often have a less dramatic result. You need to let your surgeon know which is most important to you. Most patients will not have the dramatic improvement that surgery can offer with non surgical "fillers"  . Fillers however can most definitely add to the results of surgery so I would encourage you to have an open mind about an integrated approach.   Best of luck

Web reference: http://www.8west.ca/knowledge-base/cosmetic-surgery-options/face-neck/

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

My best choice

+1

A full facelift is your best choice by a board dertified plastic surgeon. I agree with all the other doctors.