Do I Have Any Options to Fix my Belly Button?

I had full tummy tuck in June 2013 and I am very happy as far as my belly but my belly button really is not like one normal one it is everyday getting more flat and is purple and red sometimes. My surgeon injected kenacort but I think it did not work he actually revised it because the first belly button was off centered and when he revised it ended very flat with no dent or depth. I am using scar away silicone sheets and I tape a marble hoping for some dent. Will this actually help? What other options?

Belly buttons can be reconstructed

+1

but you should 'heal' before embarking on more procedures.  If your surgeon isn't aware of proven techniques to achieve this, find a surgeon that can do this for you.

BB correction

+1

Before considering any further options I would wait 3-6 months and let things settle down. After that time, visit with either your plastic surgeon or another to have a treatment plan laid out for correction.

Belly button irregularity

+1

I would do nothing for the next six months or so.  Further steroid injections may flatten or thin the umbilicus to such a degree that  the problem worsens and future revision may be very difficult to perform.  Invagination to create  an indentation to the umbicus is possible  with proper revision.

Good  luck.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://w.w.w riegercosmeticsurgery.com

Umbilical scar revision after an abdominoplasty

+1

At this point I would leave things alone for another 6 months.  It is possible that as the scar subsides then your shape will improve.  An examination would be needed to determine if you would benefit from a revision to gain an improved shape and depth.