Options to Remove Dark Circles Around the Eyes

What is the best option to remove brown to black circles around my eyes? I've had them since I was 10 years old, and I'm 25 now and they only look worse. I'm considering laser but am afraid it will be painful. Could you kindly suggest a good treatment option to permanently remove my dark circles? Will laser treatment require more than one sitting?

Any Treatment for Dark Circles Under the Eyes?

+2

Hi Suntoon,

Unfortunately there is not a good treatment to remove dark circles under the eyes. I will save you a great deal of trouble by telling you to not have laser treatment as with your skin type you are very prone to post inflammatory hyperpigmentation which will result in even darker eye cirlces.

You are very beautiful, enjoy your beauty and youth.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

There is no removal for dark circles

+1

Hi Suntoon

You have dark circles because your skin is dark and in the lower eyelid there is no fat between the muscle and the skin. Light hitting this area is absorbed by a thin muscle that sits just below the skin. Don't waste money on bleaching creams, or laser treatments beause they are not going to be helpful. You are very pretty. Unproven surgeries to address the dark circle can harm your appearance.

Your best option is to have Restylane placed under the eyes. This helps with the component of the dark circle contributed by shadowing. That with a properly applied make up will make a profound difference. The liquidfacelift.com website is a good place to find a highly qualified injector in your area.