Liposuction for Cellulite: Now Have Droopy Buttocks and Scars

I thought Liposuction would get rid of cellulite, but ended up with scars and a droopy bottom from the procedure years ago. What treatments can help me get rid of the scars and correct the droopy bottom? Is Brazilian Butt Lift an option?

Droopy buttocks are a complication of too aggressive liposuction.

+3

Hi.

In Manhattan, we have seen this several times.  The best way to improve droopy buttocks after liposuction is to do fat transfer or fat injections (a kind of Brasilian butt lift, as you put it). The scars I would have to see.

Fundamentally a skin problem...

+3

Hi there,

What you are describing (deformity resulting from liposuction), is not usually possible to correct without tightening the loose and rippled skin. This will usually require a buttock lift, with or without fat grafting for optimal shape. Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon you like and discuss options. Make sure you look at photos of similar patients so you know what you can expect.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Buttock lift is the only option

+3

Buttock lift is the only option as now there is too much skin and too little filler. The doctor must reduce skin envelope. However, scarring is prominent but can be hidden under panties.

Helen S. Colen, MD

Correction of dimples and flat buttock after liposuction

+2

You may be a candidate for fat grafting to the area to restore more fuller proportions to your buttocks.  I employ a less invasive surgical option to reduce cellulite and uneven contour. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Droopy buttock

+2

It sounds you are suffering from excessive removal of fat from the buttocks and possible cannula marks.

These can be corrected by fat transfer, may require multiple cessions, and possibly a buttock lift to smoothen the remaining irrigularities.

An age old story - scars and droopy buttocks

+2

kswan,

You describe a scenario that has directed our treatment of the buttocks over the past two decades. Liposuction of the buttocks WAS a fairly commonly performed procedure until we realized that too many patients were experiencing a drooping as you describe. Now, it is rare that I recommend a buttock liposuction in my practice. Your drooping can be corrected with a Brazilian buttock lift. The scars, unfortunately are permanent. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon to plan out a course of action. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Loose skin requires removal

+2

Liposuction is a great tool to remove bulges but is totally ineffective at tightening skin. If your lateral thighs and buttock were loose before liposuction they will only be looser after liposuction.

A really great way to lift and shape the buttock is with a surgical buttock and lateral thigh lift. If there is deficiency of soft tissue in the buttock this can be augmented with fat grafting or local fat flap.

Check with a board certified Plastic Surgeon who has done a good number of these and look at some pictures before you make up your mind.

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD

Liposuction is a poor solution for cellulite

+2

Cellulite is one of the most problematic issues we have and may surpass stretch marks as a common patient complaint. There have been a number of treament systems over the last several years, massage, rollers, light based therapies, laser, forms of liposuction, and none give a uniform or lasting result.

Considering liposuction, reduction of fat over the buttock to reduce size or projection may be particularly prone to dimples. The skin over this area is more tightly attached or tethered to the tissue underneath, the skin is thicker than on other areas such as the side of the thigh and less likely to shrink.

Replacing the fat into the buttock will expand the skin and reduce the dimples which have developed, at a cost of inceased projection and roundness. This may be the best fix. Skin reduction will also reduce the dimpling and irregularity if you can tolerate the scar. From the question you submitted it seems that the fat grafting may be the best option.

Best of luck.

There a few options that may help.

+2

Kswan,

You have several issues going on. Some options include superficial Smartlipo MPX to help tighten the skin and possibly reduce the cellulite, deep fat grafting to help with projection and replace the missing volume, or a traditional butt lift.

However, the last option requires an incision above your buttocks (similar to an abdominoplasty incision, but on your back). You should meet with a plastic surgery and they will be able to discuss all of these options with you. I hope this was helpful.

David Shafer, MD

Brazilian Butt lift

+2

A brazilian butt lift may help with the sagging buttocks.  Sometimes it can camouflage areas of cellulite as well, but I wouldn't do the procedure for that.