Options for Butt Augmentation?

I am very interested in butt augmentation. I *really* like the idea of the Brazilian butt lift, however, I am 5'9 and 120 lbs and I do not have the extra fat to have liposuctioned from thighs/abs/etc. What are my options for butt augmentation if I don't want to use an actual implant? Can fat be used from a family member? How much fat is needed for the implant? Thanks for any help.

Fat is the only safe injectable material for the buttocks.

+1

At this time, fat can only be donated from your body due to rejection.  If you tried using someone else's fat, which would be great in a lot of cases, the fat will not survive.  If you do not have enough fat for the procedure, you can try to gain a little weight.  Before doing so and if you are serious about the procedure, contact a board certified PS and talk about your options.  Fat is the only safe injectable material.  Avoid hydrogel injections as they are not FDA approved and illegal to use in the US. 

Buttock Augmentation Options

+1

Your best bet is to at least attempt fat transfer to the buttocks. I have termed this the S-Curve Buttock Lift because that is really what it is. You can't just think of this procedure as a buttock specific procedure because when it is done properly, the entire body sillhouette transforms. It is rare that I am not able to find enough fat to make a visual difference.  It is definitely the safest option at this time. Non of the fillers have been tested long enough for the buttock and implants have horribly high complication rates.

One way to look at is, is that if you do not think your buttock has increased in volume enough then what have you lost, nothing really.  This is because you have had your overall body shape improved to enhance your buttocks so you are ahead in the game now to try a second option. In my opinion, fat transfer shouls always be done primarily.

Ashkan Ghavami, MD

Options for Butt Augmentation

+1

Yes, it's possible to achieve that Jennifer Lopez, sculpted buttock using your own specially prepared fat taken from another part of the body, such as the stomach or hips. Buttock augmentation with your own fat allows you to get a natural, more pleasing shape and contour to the backside by augmenting curves, correcting an imbalance or increasing size and prominence of the buttock. You also get the benefit of reducing another area of your body while you enhance your butt and all without implants, which can be painful. The technique is called autologous fat transfers and autologous simply means "your own." And who doesn't have a little fat to spare? It's safe because it came from you, so you can't have a reaction to it. The procedure is quick and not particularly painful and can be performed without the need for general anesthesia!

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Butt Augmentation Options

+1
Butt enhancement is NOT only about increasing butt volume and walking away. It is much more about - getting a more ideal (IE 0.7 and lower Waist to Hip Ratio) - Obtain definition of the V zone valley along the upper portion of the medial buttock cheeks as they diverge and the upper poles of the buttocks - filling in buttocks depressions (especially along the sides where the leg bone joins the pelvis) - Increasing buttock volume strategically along the dome of each cheek In my opinion, fat transfer (Brazilian Butt Lift) is the best and most versatile and customizable way to enhance buttock volume. Buttock implants, especially with the types of implants available in the US, is a very distant second. If you are thin and do not have sufficient fat elsewhere (at least 1,500 cc of fat), the operation will not have a major impact on you. Use of fat from another human or animal source will NOT work because your body will STRONGLY reject it. Dr. Peter Aldea