Options for Bad Stomach Liposuction Revision

5 years back i had stomach lipo and right from then there were lumps all over the stomach and one really hard one just below my breast which now looks like a third breast! Adding to my disappointment it looks like all the fat has been scraped down to my lower abdomen and rest well above my mons. What can the correction process help? i am really depressed. can i go back to my surgeon and ask for a revision? what are my options?

Unhappy liposuction

+1

It is difficult to offer advice without examinng you or seeing photos.  If you are unhappy with the result and complain of lumpiness you may be able to have it fixed with revision liposuction or possibly through a tummy tuck.

Unhappy with your liposuction from 5 years ago

+1

If you have many lumps, some big, you should definitely see your surgeon and ask what would be involved with improving the lumps. Why are some hard and others not? Would it be even more irregular after a revision? Are there alternatives. If you don't get satisfactory answers, then see another liposuction expert for another opinion.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Options for bad stomach liposuction revision

+1

Without photos very hard to tell my options. But here goes: 1. Live with it - sorry but I always recommend this. 2. Seek another opinion for re liposuction, like with Smart Lipo. Third, get an operation.

From MIAMI DR. B

The FIRST Liposuction is ALWAYS the easiest to "get right"

+1

Re-do operations are always harder than the first operation. If the outcome of the first operation is poor the odds that you would get a better result decreases exponentially with each attempted revision operation. It is therefore important to pick a REAL Plastic surgeon (check www.PlasticSurgery.org) to do your first Plastic surgery.

If you are unhappy with the result of a liposuction done 5 years ago, I do not understand why you would go to the same surgeon. There are thousands of qualified Plastic surgeons out there and I would carefully pick another one who MAY be able to improve matters.

Options for bad liposuction

+1

The best way to treat irregularities in liposuction is not to allow them to occur.  Patients must be very careful whom they choose to do their liposuction.  Although there are techniques to repair bad liposuction, they are no where as effective as avoiding the irregularities in the first place.

Unfortunately we are seeing large numbers of patients with significant deformities after aggressive, superficial, or laser liposuction now that all specialties, including eye surgeons, ER doctors, internists, laser experts (meaning they leased a laser) and other "cosmetic surgeons" now do liposuction.

A board certified plastic surgeon with interest in body contouring will be able to advise you of all options to correct or at least minimize your problem, all the way from revisional liposuction with micro cannulas, fat injection or grafting techniques, to a tummy tuck.

Brent Moelleken, MD