Options After Unsuccessful Liposuction?

Had liposuction on thighs/knees. Was age 25, 5'4", 130lbs, 36-26-38, 24" thighs. Told I was a slow healer and to wear compression garment for a year. No results in size but loose/rippling skin, more cellulite. Did endermologie and then thermage. No results. Now at age 40, 126lbs, 36-25-37.5, 4-pack, defined upper body and 24" flabby loose thighs regardless of what I do in the gym. Told cannot do liposuction again because of skin laxity. All I want are 19-20" toned thighs. What are my options?

Liposuction

+1

Liposuction is not the treatment needed for loose sagging skin. You need to see another Board Certified plastic surgeon in your area for a second opinion. You may need a thigh lift or other excisional procedure. A thorough examination in person is needed.

Skin Laxity -- Lipo wont help!

+1

If you are seeking treatment for skin laxity, do not get liposuction done. Even the laser liposuction does minimal with regards to skin tightening and has much more risk of complications compared to traditional tumescent liposuction. You should seek a dermatologist or plastic surgeon who specializes in lipocontouring / liposculpting, because most likely if you are a candidate you will need minimal fat reduction and more "shaping" with the procedure. Also, for your own knowledge, tumescent manual or power-assisted liposuction is very safe, has minimal downtime and complications if performed by an experienced board-certified physician and CAN give skin tightening. Radiofrequency or ultrasound procedures for skin laxity are a lot of money for little results -- so you can be the judge if that is for you. You may be a candidate for Liposonix, focused ultrasound for localized fat removal, that is something to consider. But I cannot give you a good opinion without a proper examination / cosmetic consultation. I wish you the best, Dr. E.

Options After Unsuccessful Liposuction?

+1

If this is really a skin laxity issue, I think that pictures or an exam would be necessary to offer you further recommendations. The procedure necessary will be determined by the nature of the skin laxity and the precise locations.