Options After Unhappy with Breast Implants? (photo)

I had a breast enlargement years ago due to my breasts being saggy after weight loss.The surgeon suggested me to have large breast implants to make them fuller as I hadn't any children so he didn't want to perform an uplift.I didn't think they would be that big.I went from a 34B to a 34EE and I thought they would be a DD at the biggest.It isn't just how much they stick out it's the actual circumference of the implants that are too big and they give me back ache.What are my options?

Breast Implants that Are Too Big

+1

Thanks for the question. If some one is not looking for the scar of breast lift then it was a good suggestion by your PS to for large breast with implant. However if you can not manage the size of implant reducing it by 200 less then what you have perhaps can give you good relief without adding to your old scar. However this is just an opinion based on your photo and final verdict will be of your PS who will have chance for physical examination and discussion face to face with your aspirations and expectations. If you desire them to be reduced significantly then a breast lift perhaps will be needed in addition to reducing the size. Wish you good luck

Web reference: http://www.dubai-aesthetica.com/breast/breast-lift.html

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants that Are Too Big

+1

If the implants are causing physical discomfort due to their sheer size, the implants should be removed and replaced with smaller implants.  The decision to lift needs to be determined after an exam, determining the size of the smaller implants to be placed, and a discussion of your goals and concerns. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE training who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast lifts each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

Bigger is not necessarily better

+1

Breast skin laxity after weight loss is a consequence of loss of fat in the breast.  Regrettably, implanting large breast implants, especially on top of the muscle will only commit you to having a lift, as the weight of the implant essentially "expands" or grows the skin brassiere.  Your back (& shoulder) ache is directly related to the musculoskeletal strain required to keep your breasts elevated.  Conservative therapy would include wearing extremely supportive bras, however, I am not confident that this will be satisfactory, in the long run.  In preparation for a possible revision, brief your PS on your aesthetic ideals, usual activities including sports, etc. and your future family planning.  Without a full set of pics to review, it's difficult to establish how extensive a lift you would need.  Good luck.

Breast implants

+1

I would suggest smaller implants, and a breast lift. Less weight may help your back, and give you the appearance you wanted in the first place.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

+1

Every plastic surgeon knows that a breast implant does not replace the need for breast lift.

Now you options is to see a reasoably trained plastic surgeon and measure the breast, see the amount of skin stretch, and the amount of breast tissue you have.

You probably need to have removal of breast implant, possible capsulectomy, partial or total. Replace implants with reasonable size implanrs that fit your measurement. and possibly a circuvertical mastopexy (LIFT).

Smaller implants?

+1

If you are unhappy that the implants are too large, then it sounds reasonable to go smaller. You may need a lift.  Good luck.

Options After Unhappy with Breast Implants?

+1

Thanks for your question and for the photo. The photo is too close up to show the problems you note, so a view showing both breasts, the shoulders and upper abdomen would be helpful.

Your options would be downsizing to smaller implants, and you may need to consider a breast lift to allow for the smaller amount of breast skin needed to cover a smaller implant. A photo might help advise if that is indeed necessary. 

Best advice will come in the setting of an in person consultation. When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.