Options After Bad Browlift & Facelift?

Im a 30yr old model(female-caucasian/hispanic). 6wks ago had facelift (modified volume adjusting) & lateral brow lift. My cheek elasticity was lax & brows were drooping (wanted both to be lifted & tightened). Dr is trying to convince me I look better, but Preop pics & video show very little difference & I still have same issues-lax skin & droopy brows, plus a bad brow scar (not sure why it was done so prominently knowing my line of work). Will time lift it more & make tighter? What about scar?

Options After Bad Browlift & Facelift?

+2

Unfortunately, there is probably no chance that your brows will lift anymore at this point nor will the skin get tighter.  In fact it may loosen over time.  The positive news is that the scar will probably get less red and visible and perhaps more of your hair will grow in that area, diminishing its appearance.  I would wait 6 months before I would do anything and at that point you could consider revision.  Your surgeon should recommend gels to diminish the scars and that will help.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Brows down after Brow Lift

+1

Brows will not raise after the surgery.  They either are set in place or more likely will drop further over time as the tissues relax.  The scar is quite noticeable but will fade with time.  With out seeing you in person, it is difficult to assess your situation.  If you are unhappy in a few more months, then I would suggest consulting with a few very experienced surgeons to see if there are any other options to help you out.  By experienced I mean facial specialists who perform more than 100 facelifts and browlifts every year.  Good luck.

Adam D. Stein, MD
Raleigh-Durham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Options when unhappy with browlift and facelift

+1

Most importantly it is imperative to look at the time course after the procedure.  Six weeks is a long time on the one hand, but more often three months and six months is needed to really get an assessment of the final result.  Before and after pictures are viewed at these time periods and get a better sense of what really has taken place, what improvements or lack of improvements have really transpired.  This is important for the incision site as well. 

As far as “tightness” and “lax skin” issues or concern, the laxity itself is generally slightly improved and overall tissue should be tighter after a lift.  However the focus is not so much how things feel (with one’s own hand) but more how things look.  The best way to assess how things appear is really to look at the before and after pictures generally at the three and six month time period.  Minimal, mild, moderate or significant improvement can be easily assessed with expert before and after pictures and this is the gold standard of assessing the success of the procedure.

Generally in terms of improvement with time, this is not something of improving the tightness but on the other hand there is an aspect of further diminishing of swelling that can lead to better appearance. 

David Q. Santos, MD

Fixing facelift and browlift

+1

Unfortunately, the results from a facelift and browlift tend to be better within the first several months and then because the swelling goes down, the skin starts to sag. It is difficult to know what you did have done but it could be the quickie lifts that you see advertised. You may need the procedures to be redone. It may not achieve what you want totaly but should be an improvement. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Brow Lift/ Face Lift Heal Time

+1

Usually the final results of a facial surgery require a period of time, somewhere between 4-8 months depending on how aggressive or what type of procedure was preformed. Scars are initially red are more visible and usually they look much better around six months to 1 year out of surgery. In your case there has been only six weeks since surgery, so it is very early to make any decisions about revision or the visibility of scars or the result itself. I think the best advice in your case, is to wait six months and reevaluate your result and the scar.

S. Ozan Sozer, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Prominent browlift scar will improve for up to 12 months

+1

The prominent temple incision will improve for up to 12 months on its own. In the meantime not wearing your hair pulled back will help camouflage this area. If you were to consider revision surgery, I would recommend a total of 6-12 months before proceeding. The type of browlift would need to be assessed by your surgeon in the office as it's impossible to make this assessment by looking at photos. In the meantime, Botulinum toxin treatment to the lateral brow can give you a couple of millimeters of lateral brow lift and reduce hooding of the lateral brow slightly. This might be an option for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lateral brow lift

+1

It is very difficult to comment on your problem without having a chnace at feeling the tissue laxity around your brow.  I would encourage you to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.  If he fails to address your problems, then you need to be seen at around 6 months for a possible revision.  Best of luck.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Brows still low after lateral Brow Lift

+1

Probably not.  There's no mechanism that's going to lift the eybrows, against gravity, 6 weeks post op.  Brows can drop slightly and settle in after a Brow Lift but not the reverse.  The scar should improve with time and become less red but you will most likely need a Coronal Brow Lift to raise the brows properly and keep them there.  Incisions are across the head ~ 3 inches into the hairline.

Revision brow lift

+1
You should wait 6 months to see if the scars are still noticeable. If they are, hair transplants are the best answer for the temples. I have had less than consistent good results with trichophytic scar revision where the hair grows parallel to the scar. I agree that your tissues will only loosen with time.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scars in the temple after brow lift

+1

I think you should give the incisions time to heal further. Certainly, if the scar is unsatisfactory in 6 months, you may consider a scar revision. 

I do wonder though, what kind of laxity you had to warrant a facelift at age 30!

Maurice M. Khosh, MD