What's the Best Option for Stubborn Cellulite Other Than Endermologie?

I've had 18 out of 24 endermologie treatments with unsatisfactory results. What is the best treatment for deep embedded cellulite? My shape contoured beautifully after 8 sessions-but the cellulite hasn't changed! I'm 58, gorgeous, work out regularly. Drink 8-10 oz/H20/day. Eat right. What gives? Endermoligie worked great 10 yrs. ago on grooves created by earlier lipo. Why not now? What about Accent XL? Best, Houston Girl Thanks.

Cellulaze

+1

• Hello. You sound like a potentially good candidate for Cellulaze. It is without question the most effective treatment for cellulite, but happy patients are those with realistic expectations on what a procedure will and won't do. Cellulaze is not a cure or perfect treatment by any means. It will definitely improve on cellulite - mild cellulite is probably easier to improve upon than severe cellulite. Look at a lot of before and after photos to get a realistic idea of what the procedure can do for you. It is a one time treatment which is a plus but remember regardless of what anyone tells you there are no guarantees in results with cosmetic surgery. Results with Cellulaze will definitely depend on the skill and understanding of the technology of the physician so do your homework and find a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in Cellulaze in your area. Good luck!

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Best option for cellulite

+1

The best option for cellulite is Cellulaze. This procedure will smooth out the skin while keeping it cellulite free. It is minimally invasive with little downtime.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulaze

+1

If you are looking for a long-lasting treatment for cellulite, consider Cellulaze.

Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1

Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Cellulaze for cellulite treatment

+1

I would recommend Cellulaze for the treatment of your persistent cellulite.  It is the only FDA-approved one time minimally invasive treatment for cellulite.  It treats all anatomice causes of cellulite.  Other modalities only treat one or two fo the problems, so the relust is only temporary or suboptimal. Talk to a board-certified plastic surgeon that has experience with the procedure to find out more information.  Good luck!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

New FDA approved treatment for cellulite - Cellulaze

+1

Cellulaze utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure. Best of luck!

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Best options for cellulite: custommized approach to specific needs

+1

It is unfortunate that so many companies pray on patients looking for an easy cheap fix for cellulite.  There is a repackaging of some old technology with a sexy name every month.  Cellulite can be improved and it just depends on the type of cellulite a person has.  Is it deep cellulite with abundant fat, or is it localized 'problem spots?'  In general I recommend you avoid any technologies involving focused ultrasound or radio-frequency as Thermage and other technologies are well known for creating deformities.

In general I like to treat cellulite like you describe with a combination of diode laser  to gentlly reduce and smooth the subcutaneous fat with an infrared deep dermal heating for skin tightening.  In cases like yours I feel this is the best option.  The devices I use are iLipo by Chromogenix for fat reduction and SkinTyte II from Sciton for skin contraction and smoothing.  There may be other similar products out there but I dont recommend following advertiser hype in choosing your treatment.

Choose a reputable plastic surgeon with experience with these technologies and with conventional techniques.  You need to be evaluated by a plastic surgeon who can guide you.  Depending exam you may be better off with a liposuction modality.  In certain cases I use hydrojet liposuction (BodyJet by humanmed)  to reduce problem areas ann smooth the skin  this is particularly useful for deeper large cellulite where some fat grafting is added back to the deeper areas after the liposuction.

I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Smartlipo can improve cellulite

+1

Smartlipo can improve cellulite. So can fractional laser resurfacing. These two treatments have the possibility of permanent improvement although weight change and aging can affect the results.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Frustrations of Cellulite...you are not alone!!!!!!

+1

Cellulite!!!!  It is a problem for a lot of ladies...unfortunately.  Sounds like you have had a nice improvement with Endermologie 10 years ago but as time goes on and the tissue ages the treatments wont help you as much.  I agree with the previous surgeon that fat injections and small excisions would be helpful.  I would probably stick to the fat injections, try to maintain your weight.  If you need to lose weight do so as this may help the cellulite look better.  But be careful sometimes if you lose quite a bit of weight it can make it look worse.  Liposuction can also make cellulite look worse as well.

If the problem of cellulite becomes quite significant, it would be necessary to consider  surgery with thigh lifting and buttock lifting procedures.  It doesn't appear that you need these at this point.

Cellulite is often hereditary too and sometimes there has to be acceptance of this.  There are some really famous people... movie stars... singers... with cellulite.  There are great cover ups that you can wear at the beach too!!!

Good Luck to you!!!

Dr. Kimberly Henry

Kimberly A. Henry, MD
Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Stubborn cellulite

+1

Velashape may be more effective than Endermologie. If you still don't have enough improvement after a series of Velashape treatments, you might consider a test area of subcision and fat injections. If this area improves and stays cosmetically acceptable for more than a year, you might have more treatments. The latter can cause scarring so proceed cautiously.

Ronald Shelton, MD