Best Option for Reducing the Appearance of Stretch Marks?

As you can see im brown skinned with white, dark and lighter colored stretch marks. I am 5'8...116lbs and I have a small amount of excess skin on my tummy, that when pulled tight from the sides makes my marks less noticeable. I have had these stretch marks for two years from pregnancy. I am not really concerned about the dark side ones but more so the middle light ones.

Tummy tuck - abdominoplasty results

+1

From the photos it appears that you are a candidate for a tummy tuck. This would be mostly a skin excess removal and muscle tightening type of procedure in your case. You can find a similar case in the first set of photos on the referenced webpage. That patient was Afro-American.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Tummy tuck helps get rid of most stretch marks.

+1

Hi.

1)  You are lucky that most of your stretch marks are below the belly button, because all of this skin is removed along with the stretch marks during a tummy tuck.

2)  As you point out, when the skin is tightened, the stretch marks look  a lot better and less noticeable.  So the stretch marks above your belly button will probably look better after a tummy tuck (this skin is of course not removed).

3)  On your pictures, it looks like you might have an umbilical hernia, which makes your belly button stick out.  These are seldom dangerous, but, if you are going to have a tummy tuck, you should get this fixed at the same time.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)