Best Option Mini Tummy or Lipo? (photo)

I would like a flatter stomach, I work out and have had 3 children. I am not having any more children. I would love to have mini scaring. I am 31 almost 32 and 5'4" 130 lbs. I just would like to look good in my bathing suit again.

Tummy tuck or Lipo

+1
From your photographs is appears that liposuction may work, but you should be evaluted in person by an experience board certified plastic surgeon.

Best option mini tummy tuck or liposuction?

+1

It is a difficult question in your case because although I can only see one photograph.  The patient needs to be really examined, assessed, the amount of loose skin above and below the belly button, existence of the stretch marks, and the looseness of the muscle. If the loose skin is only located below the umbilicus and the muscle is not really loose, liposuction and a mini abdominoplasty should be a good procedure, but if there is loose skin above that and below the belly button and laxity the muscle then a full abdominoplasty needs to be performed.

S. Ozan Sozer, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Best Option Mini Tummy or Lipo?

+1

It is possible that minitummy tuck and liposuction may produce a very satisfactory result, but it is very difficult to give a precise answer without an exam.  The key factor will be to determine if there is any umbilical distortion with tension.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of minitummy tucks, liposuction procedures, and tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Best Option Mini Tummy or Lipo?

+1

Usually, as is the case here, photos alone are not enough to choose between lipo, mini- and full TT. These pictures are a bit too blurry to see enough detail to comment (other than to recommend an in person consultation). 

It does look, though, that there is some overhanging skin above the navel, and that bodes poorly for a mini-TT, which would tighten the lower abdominal skin and highlight an imbalance between upper and lower abdomen.  Your options will more likely be full TT or liposuction, and an examination is essential to make a useful recommendation.

All the best. 

Best Option Mini Tummy or Lipo?

+1

Dear Jamie,

Thank you for your post.  I can't tell from these photos if you have significant skin laxity or not.  It appears that you don't so I would say liposuction is enough to make you look good in a bikini.  However, an in person exam is best.

Best Wishes,

PAblo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Mini- tummy tuck or liposuction

+1

Thank you for asking about a  mini-tummy tuck or liposuction after your children.

1. Your photos show you are in good shape with some lower muscle stretch and a little extra fat. A mini-tummy tuck and some liposuction might work well -- 
  2. Because I see little loose skin and only stretched lower tummy muscles.
  3. An exam is necessary - sometimes skin and muscle are looser than it seems in photos, making a full tummy tuck a better option. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Mini-TT or Lipo

+1

Thank you for the photos! Most patients are not good candidates for a mini-TT and do better with a full TT but it really depends on a number of things such as your skin elasticity, if you need muscle repair after 3 kids,  etc...but most importantly your expectations.  Best bet would be to go meet with a board certified plastic surgeon so you can have a physical exam, discuss expectations and go over your options from there.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Best Option Mini Tummy or Liposuction after 3 Pregnancies?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. You should be proud of the appearance of your abdomen after 3 pregnancies.

Unfortunately, online consultants will not be of meaningful help to you; as you can see, you will receive a variety of opinions all based on very limited information available. Best to be seen by well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons for in person consultation;  communication of your goals will be key to determining which operation will most likely achieve your goals.

Be careful with your decision-making; usually, liposuction surgery or “mini” tummy tuck surgery does not suffice when it comes to achieving aesthetically pleasing results for most patients who have had pregnancies and/or significant weight gain/loss.  Most patients in your situation benefit most from full tummy tuck surgery.

You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more about options.

Mini Tummy or Lipo

+1

Thanks for your pictures and question, it is hard to tell which procedure for you will be better you need to consult a plastic surgeon so he or she recommends you what surgery will offer the best results, Best Wishes!!

Australia Fragoso Baez, MD

Do a real tummy tuck

+1

A mini tummy tuck will distort your belly button and do you little good.  After 3 kids you are best served by a regular tummy tuck.  Remember Mini does not mean much change,  Mini does not mean maxi results.  Mini is ok for those with mini expectations.  You can try lipo and if not satisfied do a real tummy tuck.  Only a very very few people are candidates for a mini.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon