Best Option for Me, Braces or Invisalign? (photo)

-Upper and lower teeth are crowded -Upper front teeth bite further forward than they should in relation to the lower front teeth (Increased overjet) -Lower incisor teeth are slightly over erupted and as a result bite too far up behind the opposing upper teeth (Deep bite) -Upper and lower midlines are displaced to the right I don't like the look of braces, I prefer Invisalign but it is like $2000 more expensive than braces. I'm a 15 year old kid in New Zealand. What do you all think? Thank you.

Chosing between Braces or Invisalign

+2

The best option is the one that your lifestyle is condusive to. It it reasonable to expect the same results with Invisalign as you would with Braces.

Invisalign if you are not 110% compliant will not be as effective. It is best to see an orthodontist in your area to review the commitment Invisalign requires to be successful

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Braces or Invisalign

+2

I think braces would definitely be a better choice for you with the amount of crowding, the depth of your bite and collapsing of your arch forms.  Invisalign could help straighten your teeth but you would need to "shave" down between your teeth quite a bit to make enough room to fit all your teeth in the arch.  You will be very happy with your choice of braces once you are all done!  

Scott Vincent, DMD, MS
Sandy Orthodontist

Braces or Invisalign?

+2

In your case, you would probably achieve a much more "perfect" result with braces due to the deep overbite and the different planes that your teeth lie in.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Braces or invisalign

+2

Either could achieve a result for you.  However, I think braces would achieve a better result much quicker.  You neet to widen your upper arch an have some leveling issues on the lower.  Invisalign can't widen the arch - braces can.  Also, braces are much better at leveling.  I would suggest ceramic braces.  They are equally as effective as the metal and less visible.  You also look like you would be a candidate for lingual braces (lingualcare.com).  Good luck and go for best results!!

Lawrence Singer, DMD
Washington Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign might be the bestoption for crowded teeth and deep overbite.

+1

Based on evaluation of your photographs, it appears that correcting your deep overbite and dental crowding is well within the realm of doing with Invisalign. I suggest you ask your orthodontist if the treatment duration or anticipated outcome is likely to be any different with Invisalign than with conventional braces. Once you know the answer to that, the cost difference  becomes a matter of your choice as to which better suits your social and financial needs. All the best!

R. William McNeill, DDS, MS
Mercer Island Orthodontist

Invisalign is fine for teenagers

+1

Even though you have slightly collapsed dental arches and some lower teeth have over erupted, Invisalign will be fine.

Your dental arches are in Class 1 which means that they are not too bad.

Invisalign can upright your dental arches at the sides and also push down the lower front teeth to level them up. You are young and the teeth will move easily with Invisalign.

Yes metal braces are the best, but your crowding does not require complicated high force movements and so you are perfect with Invisalign.

look for similar cases at forma.co.uk

Raj Kumar, BDS, LDSRCS
London Cosmetic Dentist