Option for Front Chipped Teeth? Age 26. Bonding Vs Porcelain Veneers? (photo)

Broke at the age of 10 and repaired 4 times only with filling but don't last although I don't bite with my front teeth as much as possible. Have never smoked in my life but have very yellow teeth. All nerves are undamaged.

Option for Chipped front tooth and Yellow Teeth

+1

Hi Konsta...I am assuming you are in your twenties now . I would do three things in order to improve your smile. I would first check the bite and see if there is any reason that the bonds do not stay.  Bonding chips easily and it might not be your bite at all. I would look at that first and make sure there is no unnecessary force applied to your front teeth. Bonding is not as strong as porcelain veneers, but veneers will break under pressure as well. The second thing I would do is to whiten your teeth. When you have brought them up to a shade you like, then I would choose either bonding them once again and match the color of the newly whitened teeth or placing porcelain veneers which are stronger and give your teeth a great color and lucidity. 

Valencia Cosmetic Dentist

Bonding Vs Porcelain Veneers

+1

If the bonding has been done four times already and keeps coming off there is a reason for it. More than likely to do with your lower teeth contacting that tooth during function or due to a possible nighttime habit. I would be careful about going to porcelain before solving the main issue, which is a high force in the area causing failure of the bonding. You may be just as likely to break the porcelain. 

There is a lot of tooth structure there so you could get a very good result with bonding. If you go for porcelain and you only do a single tooth, it may be a pretty close match but it is always very difficult to match a single porcelain tooth to your existing teeth, in colour and surface characteristics.   

Vancouver Cosmetic Dentist

My Chipped Front Tooth....what are my options on how to have it treated?

+1

First, at looking at your photo I see that your lower front tooth is crooked and leaning forward.  This oftentimes is the culprit that causes porcelain bonding on upper front teeth that have been chipped teeth to fail.  If the lower tooth is the cause for the bonding failure, then your dentist might recommend orthodontics (either with a retainer, invisalign, or regular braces) before repairing the chip.  Or, your dentist may just be able to reshape the lower tooth so that it doesn't hit so hard on the back side edge of the tooth when you slide your teeth forward.

Your tooth is still intact enough to do another plastic composite bonding.  However, a porcelain veneer would be much stronger than a bonding.

Regarding the color of your teeth, you appear to be a great candidate for tooth bleaching.  That should take a lot of the yellow out.  Would definitely recommend doing bleaching of all your teeth before you proceed with the repair of the chipped front tooth.

Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentist

Front Chipped Tooth Age 26

+1

In the hands of a very talented and experienced cosmetic dentist, bonding would be your first choice.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Porcelain is WAY more durable

+1

"Bonding" has diminishing returns each time it is placed.  If you have unlimited time and money, continue with this method.  However, a porcelain restoration is much more durable and "lifelike" in appearance.  It will cost more, but won't have the same issues.

Web reference: http://www.DrTimmerman.com

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist