What is the Optimal Treatment Interval with Zeltiq?

If you are going to get a second treatment with Zeltiq is it best to wait till the fat cells are completely removed from the first treatment? (4-6 months)? Or is 2 months from initial treatment Ok? Also, have you seen clinical results with second treatment that are as good as the initial one? Of note, I had Zeltiq 8 weeks ago and am delighted with my results! And thank you for supporting this forum with your expertise. It's a great help to us!

Frequency of multiple Zeltiq CoolSculpting sessions

+2

If the same area is to be retreated with CoolSculpting, the area can be treated from one month to six months or more post treatment wtih the Zeltiq equipment again.  The consensus with CoolSculpting experts is that a two month interval is best, so that the retreatment is peformed while there is an active inflammatory process involved within the body getting rid of the fat from the prior treatment. It is thought that this additional treatment during an active period may provide a synergistic effect.

Zeltiq timing

+2

At 2 months post treatment, you should appreciate 80% of the results you will see.  At 4-6 months you will see 100%.  Most physicians and the company feel that at 2 months post treatment you are ready for an additional treatment if desired.  There should theoretically be no disadvantage to doing the additional treamtent at 2 months rather than 4-6.  But if you are the type of person who likes to know exactly what the first treatment did, you can wait longer and repeat at that longer 4-6 month interval.  Either way, you will get an additional average of 25% of the remaining fat thickness removed by the procedure.

Glad you liked your treatment!  We love it in our office.

Madeline Krauss, MD
Boston Dermatologic Surgeon

Optimal Time to Re-Treating with Zeltiq CoolSculpting.

+2

For clarificaton purpose I assume you are asking about treating the same area as opposed to the treatment of a separate area.  Although some patients can see results as early as three weeks after CoolSculpting the most impressive results are generally seen after the second month.  In addition, because fat can be continued to be shed for upto four months after the treatment. I would suggest you hold off until after the fourth month to see if you require any addtional treatments.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

Timing for Second CoolSculpting Treatment

+1

Thank you for your question.  Normally, we ask patients to wait 8 weeks between treatments on the same area.  It is very nice to hear that you are happy with your results!    Best Wishes!

When to have second Zeltiq treatment

+1

Greetings Julie~

I'm glad to hear you are pleased with the results from your first Zeltiq Coolsculpting procedure.  Our patients have been very pleased as well.  We generally recommend the second treatment no sooner than 2 months/8 weeks but I see no detriment to you in waiting to see what may still come of your first treatment if you so choose.  (Most patients are so thrilled by their progress from the first, they can't wait to get going with the second.)  If patients know before beginning treatments that they have a fair amount of fat they would like to see reduced in a given area then 2months in between treatments is sufficient and will help them get to their goal sooner.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Waiting time between CoolSculpting by Zeltiq treatments

+1

You can treat one area right after the other the same day. If the tummy needs two cool applicators, i.e. one for the upper tummy and one for the lower tummy, then you can always come back the next day and to the right muffin top, and the left muffin top. Come back after 2 months for a second treatment if you want to lose even more.

Douglas J. Key, MD
Portland Dermatologic Surgeon

Second treatment with Coolsculpting

+1

It is true that Coolsculpting works great for fat reduction and that a second treatment to the same area may result in an additional 20-22% reduction in fat in that area. Ideally a patient should wait at least 2 months before treating the same area twice.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment intervals for Coolsculpting

+1

In the clinical studies for zeltiq most of the fat cells have been removed at 2 months so having a second treatment at that point would be fine.  Most patients will experience great results with multiple treatments, but it might not be quite as much as the first treatment because a smaller amount of fat is being treated. 

Rosalyn George, MD
Wilmington Dermatologic Surgeon