What is the Optimal Treatment Interval with Zeltiq?

If you are going to get a second treatment with Zeltiq is it best to wait till the fat cells are completely removed from the first treatment? (4-6 months)? Or is 2 months from initial treatment Ok? Also, have you seen clinical results with second treatment that are as good as the initial one? Of note, I had Zeltiq 8 weeks ago and am delighted with my results! And thank you for supporting this forum with your expertise. It's a great help to us!

Frequency of multiple Zeltiq CoolSculpting sessions

If the same area is to be retreated with CoolSculpting, the area can be treated from one month to six months or more post treatment wtih the Zeltiq equipment again.  The consensus with CoolSculpting experts is that a two month interval is best, so that the retreatment is peformed while there is an active inflammatory process involved within the body getting rid of the fat from the prior treatment. It is thought that this additional treatment during an active period may provide a synergistic effect.

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

317 East 34th St
New York, NY 10016

Zeltiq timing

At 2 months post treatment, you should appreciate 80% of the results you will see.  At 4-6 months you will see 100%.  Most physicians and the company feel that at 2 months post treatment you are ready for an additional treatment if desired.  There should theoretically be no disadvantage to doing the additional treamtent at 2 months rather than 4-6.  But if you are the type of person who likes to know exactly what the first treatment did, you can wait longer and repeat at that longer 4-6 month interval.  Either way, you will get an additional average of 25% of the remaining fat thickness removed by the procedure.

Glad you liked your treatment!  We love it in our office.

Madeline Krauss, MD
Boston Dermatologic Surgeon

1 Washington Street
Wellesley Hills, MA 02481

Optimal Time to Re-Treating with Zeltiq CoolSculpting.

For clarificaton purpose I assume you are asking about treating the same area as opposed to the treatment of a separate area.  Although some patients can see results as early as three weeks after CoolSculpting the most impressive results are generally seen after the second month.  In addition, because fat can be continued to be shed for upto four months after the treatment. I would suggest you hold off until after the fourth month to see if you require any addtional treatments.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

79-59 Myrtle Avenue
Glendale, NY 11385

CoolSculpt - Wait at least a month between treamtments

The exact science is still not known, however it is recommended that at least one month interval is required between two treatments. UltraShape and Vanquish on the other hand - treatments can be done every few weeks.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

3991 MacArthur Boulevard
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Timing for Second CoolSculpting Treatment

Thank you for your question.  Normally, we ask patients to wait 8 weeks between treatments on the same area.  It is very nice to hear that you are happy with your results!    Best Wishes!

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

When to have second Zeltiq treatment

Greetings Julie~

I'm glad to hear you are pleased with the results from your first Zeltiq Coolsculpting procedure.  Our patients have been very pleased as well.  We generally recommend the second treatment no sooner than 2 months/8 weeks but I see no detriment to you in waiting to see what may still come of your first treatment if you so choose.  (Most patients are so thrilled by their progress from the first, they can't wait to get going with the second.)  If patients know before beginning treatments that they have a fair amount of fat they would like to see reduced in a given area then 2months in between treatments is sufficient and will help them get to their goal sooner.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

4644 Lincoln Blvd
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292

Waiting time between CoolSculpting by Zeltiq treatments

You can treat one area right after the other the same day. If the tummy needs two cool applicators, i.e. one for the upper tummy and one for the lower tummy, then you can always come back the next day and to the right muffin top, and the left muffin top. Come back after 2 months for a second treatment if you want to lose even more.

Douglas J. Key, MD
Portland Dermatologic Surgeon

9755 SW Barnes Rd
Portland, OR 97225

Second treatment with Coolsculpting

It is true that Coolsculpting works great for fat reduction and that a second treatment to the same area may result in an additional 20-22% reduction in fat in that area. Ideally a patient should wait at least 2 months before treating the same area twice.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

230 George Bush Blvd
Delray Beach, FL 33444

Treatment intervals for Coolsculpting

In the clinical studies for zeltiq most of the fat cells have been removed at 2 months so having a second treatment at that point would be fine.  Most patients will experience great results with multiple treatments, but it might not be quite as much as the first treatment because a smaller amount of fat is being treated. 

Rosalyn George, MD
Wilmington Dermatologic Surgeon

710 Military Cutoff Rd
Wilmington, NC 28405