Optimal Size of Chin Implant in my Case and Double Chin Correction and Its Impact on Face Size? (photo)

I soon am going for Rhinoplasty and now I think I should get chin augmentation also at the same time. Just want to know approximately what size of implant would be optimal in my case. Also I have a little double chin(because of my receded chin I think) , so will this get corrected by the chin implant itself or separate liposuction is needed for it. I already feel my broad face looks big to my body, I’m scared if the chin augmentation will make it look even bigger.

Chin implant and addressing a double chin

+1

A small chin implant is all that is necessary to give further augmentation to the chin.  Placing a small silastic chin implant will give further projection to the chin along with a small amount of vertical height and width which is certainly acceptable to give more balance to the facial features.  Liposuction in the neck will also address removal of fat in the neck, giving more definition to the jaw line.

Web reference: http://seattlefacial.com/photogallery/facialimplants_photos14.html

What size chin implant

+1

I would think that a small or medium central chin implant combined with submental liposuction would be ideal for you. If you are a tall woman, the larger implant might be better. Your surgeon' s experience and judgement are important. Remember, a chin implant can be removed (and possibly replaced) if unsatisfactory.

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Optimal size of chin implant and double chin correction

+1

Congratulations on taking the first steps toward improving the appearance of your profile. I think you will be really happy with the results! Regarding chin implant size, it really depends on the patient, their overall goals for the procedure, and what will best leave the chin in harmony with their other facial features. Establish good communication with your surgeon, and they will be able to make recommendations based on your needs. A chin implant will help enhance the jawline, and liposuction of the chin can further complement the result. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with your procedures!

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/

Chin Implant vs Sliding Genioplasty For Short Wide Chin

+1

You would definitely benefit by chin augmentation and submental liposuction with your rhinoplasty. The key to your chin implant is to get a central button style that will give your chin more forward projection but will make it look more slim or narrow at the same time. You do not need an extended or anatomic chin implant as that will only add to the width of your lower face, which by your own admission is already too wide. You could even argue that a sliding genioplasty that brings your chin forward and vertically lengthens it at the same time would be ideal to help make your face vertically longer.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com