Optimal Restylane/Radiesse Mix for Feminine Face?

I had buccal fat pads removed 10 years ago because I hated my puffy face. I'm 25 and until recently, I was very pleased with my look. But I've noticed that my face is still getting flatter and leaving me with a more masculine look. I also noticed that I have dark circles under the eyes, which I'm guessing is because there's less fat in the cheeks to support the skin beneath the eyes. Where would be the best place for rest/rad injections to restore a beautiful, feminine look? Thank you!

+2

IMHO, aesthetically, the right cheek is flatter and appears more masculine than the left cheek.  For women, I prefer using Perlane over both Radiesse (too thick for most women) or Juvederm/Restylane that's too thin a filler for facial contouring/shaping.  Be sure the MD that does your cheek augmentation understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a more youthful, femine and attractive face.  

Restylane/Radiesse Mix for Feminine Face

+2

I would use Radiesse to increase cheek volume and to replace fat lost with buccal fat excision. I would inject Restylane to improve the contour of the lower eyelids. This will improve facial proportions and soften your facial features.

There is definitely a relationship between the buccal fat and support for the midface.

+2

However in evaluating your photos, I do not get the impression that your under eye circles are related to the removal of buccal fat.  There is definite lower face volume loss related to buccal fat.  The under eye circle can be profoundly improved with Restylane fill.  Radiesse, in my opinion, is not appropriate for treating this area.  This area is very thinly covered.  Fillers can create lumps and it is necessary to use a product that can be easily adjusted.  Radiesse is not easily adjusted.  On the other hand, Restylane can be manipulated when first injected.  Once the product sets, the injectable enzyme hyaluronidase can be used to modify the treatment if necessary.  It is important to find a very experienced injector.

Where to inject the filler

+1

I would suggest using Restylane at the tear trough and then Sculptra to build new tissue in the cheek and even a little to where the buccal fat pad was taken out.

Julio Garcia, MD

Layering fillers

+1

It is difficult to determine the best treatment plan without evaluating you personally.  I recommend consulting with several skilled injectors in your area to address your concerns and determine a treatment plan that will compliment your anatomy. 

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Fillers for the face

+1

A thorough exam and a treatment plan thought out with your specific goals in  mind would be key. This may very well be accomplished witha  variety of fillers

Mix of fillers

+1

This question would best be answered in person in the office of a physician injector, who can inject the appropriate fillers into the areas that you would need. The definition of "feminine face" is vague, but from looking at your picture, the removal of the fat pads has enhanced what you do not like, the flat face and "bags" under the eyes, Injection of the appropriate agents back into your cheeks and tear troughs would help these areas.

Purvisha Patel, MD
Germantown Dermatologist