Invisalign Possible if Going to Be out of the Country for 7 Months?

Can i opt for invisalign if i will be away from the country for 7 months (and i need to rotate my teeth with attachments)?

Invisalign usage when out of town

+1

Your dentist can alter the treatment so that he does everything in advance for the 7 month period. Should you loose an aligner he can ship you one or you can move on to your next set..Contact the Dr if you have further questions.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign can work while you are out of the country

+1

If you are leaving for an extended period, it isn't ideal, but there are ways to make it work.  Usually the dentist gives you 3 trays at a time.  One option would be to get the 3 trays and wear each set (of your 3 trays) for 2 months at a time and wear the last set for 3 months.  This would extend treatment longer than expected, but should be ok.  Maybe the treating dentist would feel comfortable giving you 4 trays and you could divide those over the 7 months.  If you did this it would be extremely important to comply with wearing the trays.

M. Andrew Atwood, DDS
Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign and leaving the country

+1

Invisalign is an option if you are leaving the country for 7 months, but you will need to have very good compliance and be in good communication with your doctor.  I would recommend that you see an experienced Invisalign provider who can time your case appropriately and is reachable and has good communication skills. I have many patients who live in other countries and come to NYC a few times a year to see me. I stay in touch with them via email and they send me photos of their teeth so that I can monitor their progress. Of course, this long distance treatment is not ideal and may take a little bit longer, but it can work effectively if the patient is very diligent in wearing the Invisalign and is in good communication with the doctor.

Gabriela Hricko, DDS
New York Orthodontist