Should I Opt for a Mini TT After 2 Successful Discectomies? I'm Very Active and Fit. (photo)

I've always been very athletic (16% body fat) but have unforgiving dry skin and gained 60 with both kids-I'm 140lb/5'8/32 yr. I've had breast aug., a partial hysterectomy, and two discectomies--all very quick recoveries. My abdominal muscles are still not tight despite my physical training for the past 7 years (youngest child's age). Would a mini TT do? I don't care about stretch marks or a mommy belly button but prefer no full TT scar! I just want the redundant lower abdominal skin gone.

Tummy Tuck After Back Surgery

+1

If one has a mini abdominoplasty versus a full abdominoplasty, you won’t have significant back pain. You will be bent over for about 3-5 days, this may accentuate back pain especially if you’ve had previous back pain. This usually subsides within 7-10 days.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.  A "Mini tuck" would be a total waste and the only thing you can benefit from is a full tummy tuck.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Should I Opt for a Mini TT After 2 Successful Discectomies? I'm Very Active and Fit.

+1

Either a short scar tummy tuck or a minitummy tuck with plication may be your two options.  This will depend upon the amount of skin you want removed.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

You are not a good candidate for a true short scar mini TT. You have extra lateral skin/fat so an extended scar mini TT would be an option. But a full TT would be a better idea. 

Should I Opt for a Mini TT

+1

Best answer would come after some give and take in a consultation. A mini-TT is a procedure that involves only the lower abdomen, below the navel. It does nothing above the navel, and therefore has limited applicability. It does not imply a short incision. The minimum incision would be up to the pelvic bone that you can feel about 2 inches beyond the end of the folded skin. 

If all you want is to tighten the loose skin, such a mini-TT would work. All the best.