Does Anyone Have Any Opinions on the Fotona Laser?

Does anyone have any opinions on the Fotona Laser for anti-aging (lifting & wrinkle minimizing), especially compared to other lasers on the market? I have used the fraxel machine and was happy with the results but my salon is recommends Fotona as the best.

Laser Resurfacing - Fotona Lasers

+1

Thank you for your question. More important than the laser is the operator of the laser.  See a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon with expertise in laser surgery for advice, and they can direct you to the best treatment alternative.  Fotona has several lasers, some for pigmented lesions, and they also have an Erbium YAG  which is for wrinkles.  I personally prefer the C02 laser as this is the gold standard laser for wrinkles as it is very consistent in reducing wrinkles.  Erbium can work, but we just don't see the same level of contraction. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Fotona Laser

+1

Fotona is an okay machine, but not the leader in the field. A more important consideration is that you go to an experienced, reputable, and expert laser practitioner who can offer you various modalities and treatments so that you can have a combination, if necessary, to address your needs.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Many different lasers can be used for anti-aging treatments.

+1

I am personally not familiar with the Fotona laser, but there are many lasers that can be used quite successfully for facial anti-aging.

I would also encourage you as the other physicians have below to seek the advice of a qualified core specialty physician and not a "salon".  Some very well qualified physicians have, and adequately supervise, salons.

Anti-aging laser treatments require experience and expertise in both the selection of the best treatment and in performing them.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Laser in spa

+1

I'm not personally acquainted with the Fotona laser, as there are many different brands of lasers on the market. What is most important is to see a laser expert, such as a physician who is a dermatologist or plastic surgeon, not a sap, to minimize the chance of:

spending money on a treatment that is not effective

incurring a complication

having a laser that is not the most appropriate for your skin type or condition.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fotona laser

+1

Fotona makes a decent laser but they make many lasers that do different things - hair removal, tattoos, resurfacing, vascular etc. The best advice is to stay away from salons for laser treatment and go to an experienced laser practitioner. Recommend board certified core physician - plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, dermatologist or oculoplastic surgeon or someone experienced in their office. 

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon