Opinions on my Nose: Rhinoplasty? Too Big For My Face? (photo)

I need serious opinions on how to fix my nose. I feel my nose is too big for my face, I desperately want a more "delicate nose". How can I achieve this? I think it is too long, and the bridge should be taken in some. I don't know if I should alter the tip size at all. I only want minor tweaking done, so a pretty subtle change. I also want more of a "ski hill" shape from the side, as right now it is basically straight and not very flattering.. My nose has always made me very self conscious :(

Definitely possible

+2

First, I will say you have beautiful features and while there is some room for improvement with your nose, you should be careful with who performs your surgery. Sometimes taking a "B" nose and making it an "A" nose is one of the toughest things, since a lot more of it depends on the surgeon having an discerning aesthetic vision rather than just good technical skills. 

In analyzing your nose, here are my thoughts. The main area for improvement is on the frontal view. The nose is slightly wide in the mid 1/3 and more so in the tip. Tip refinement will give you the best result. Keep in mind changes to the nose affect all views in some way. So in addition, there is suggestion of tip bulbosity (ball like shape) that can be seen on the lateral view as well, and this will improve with the same technique (refinement).

A slight supra tip break (google it if you need to) would look very good for you. I tend to prefer this on almost all female patients of mine and even some males depending on facial features. I would not aim to create more of a "ski slope" appearance per se and I think achieving a more refined tip with slight supra tip break would be ideal. There is the possibility of needing to lower the cartilaginous septum very slightly if needed to achieve this, but over doing it would make your nose look "done" like in the 1980s. 

This is why you need a very experienced surgeon with excellent vision. I would look for someone who can show you computer generated post operative images so you can get a better feel for how they see it ending up. Good luck!

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty surgery

+1

I would recommend a consultation with an experienced and board certified rhinoplasty specialist who uses computer imaging software. He/she will be able to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. This serves as a fantastic communication tool between you and your prospective surgeon, and will allow you to give your feedback and explain what you would like to change. When choosing a surgeon, look for credentials, a good amount of before and after photos that demonstrate their work, and fantastic patient testimonials. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

Your profile isn't bad, but your nose is wide on the frontal view and your tip bulbous.  Your nose can be narrowed and the tip refined with standard rhinoplasty techniques.  Choose your surgeon carefully and you will get a nice result.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Opinions on my Nose: Rhinoplasty? Too Big For My Face?

+1

Dear DEE; Best to obtain in person nasal evaluations fro  boarded surgeons in your city. Than you will understand the surgery that is needed. 

Cosmetic Nose - what looks good?

+1

When evaluating the nose, it is important to look for relative proportion to other facial features such as the chin and eyes. Your face and chin is oval in shape so your nose can benefit from some tip enhancement to give it more definition.  A little more supratip break (area immediately above your nose tip) will give you the "ski slope" effect you desire without having to do too much the the rest of the bridge of your nose.  You have an attractive face, so a little enhancement is all you need!  A natural result is what we preach at Atlanta Surgical Arts.

C. Carson Huynh, MD, DMD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose to big

+1

a rhinoplasty emphasizing tip shaping and width reduction should give you a beautiful result that blends and balances with your face. You don't need significant profile change.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Finesse Rhinoplasty

+1

Your profile looks very nice, be careful not to ski-slope that much more than it already is.  .  Subtle narrowing of the tip thru tip suturing techniques and osteotomies to narrow  the bridge is all that is needed for better balance. Closed rhinoplasty is best for this nose.  Please see our photo gallery for noses similar to your own.

Conservative Natiral rhinoplasty.

+1

You can have the subtle changes  for a natural look IF you choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does this kind of rhinoplasty. Meet with a patient he has done. 

Rhinoplasty issue?

+1

I think your profile looks nice, but your nose does look a bit wide in frontal view and the tip a bit wide as well.

Tweeki

+1

Before embarking on a full rhinoplasty, a non-surgical option you have which can give you small adjustments is the injectable nose job.  This is a technique I developed in which small amounts of soft tissue filler are added to the areas of the nose we want to reshape or define.  Many people think that by adding to the nose you will make it look bigger but in fact, that is not the case.  Although your nose does look in proportion to your face in your photos, there are times that patients want subtle changes and it's at that point that i suggest injections over surgery.  Injections last 6 - 9 months and the great thing about it, if you change your mind and your face changes shape over the years, injection placement can be altered as need be to continue to achieve the look you want.

Dr. Mulholland

R. Stephen Mulholland, MD