Chin Implant, Rhinoplasty or Both? (Male)

I am looking at getting cosmetic surgery.From what I can gather I feel a chin implant could help me. This is because my upper lip tends to jut out causing an imbalance in my face and also my chin is weak. I feel that I might opt for a rhinoplasty too where I would like to make my nose more prominent. Your feedback on whether I am good candidate for the two procedures would be most helpful. Also please free to recommend any other procedures that I could benefit from. Thank you!

Chin Impants and Rhinoplast

+2

Dear momo,

I agree with Dr Heller, a small chin implant may be the way to go.  Your lower lip is a little small, although most men don't get lip injections, but it may be worth it in your case to make the lower lip stick out a little more.  It will not look artificial when done correctly and I think you'd be happy with the results.

Your nose has a nice profile and you are looking up in the picture a little bit.  This can make the nose seem shorter.  If you tilt your chin down a bit, it may make the appearance look more balanced in the photo.  A consultation with a plastic surgeon will help you make your decisions concerning a rhinoplasty.  This is the best way to see what you are a candidate for.

Nima Shemirani

Balance

+2

I would recommend a tip graft to lift the nose and a small chin implant to balance the projection of these facial features.

Elliot M. Heller, MD