I Need an Opinion on What Size to Get? (photo)

I'm a 21 year old who is getting BA in December. I am currently a 34 B-32 C and my post op goal is to be a D cup. My surgeon had me try on two sizes, 375cc, and 425cc (saline). I am 5'8'' and 120 pounds. I don't want to look HUGE but I want full nice looking breasts. Which size would be best for me?

Implant size, bra size relationship

+2

At size 32 or 34, each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  If you are a 34 B and want to be a 34 D, then you would require 200 cc implant.  375 cc and 475 cc will bring you up about 4 cup sizes.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Choosing the Right Breast Implant

+1

The size of your implants depends on your tissue characteristics and the measurements of your thorax, chest wall, and breasts.  If you have thick skin you may not be able to accommodate large implants. With a proper examination your surgeon should be able to take your desires into account and recommend the best size implant for you.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Implant Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

The right size

+1

Since you have had a consultation and narrowed down the implant volume. you can try a baggy test to see if that is what you like.

3D Simulation Helpful in Beast Augmentation Planning

+1

Choosing breast implants can be confusing and anxiety provoking. Traditionally, sizing has used a combination of "volumetric" approaches where a woman tries on various implants in a sizing bra, and "dimensional" approaches where the breast is measured and based on those measurements several options are presented. 

There are several 3D simulation systems currently available that allow us to take an image of a woman's chest and demonstrate what it will look like after augmentation with a particular size and style implant. Essentially, this lets you "take the implants for a test drive." Our patients have found this to be a very useful tool and it helps take some of the guesswork and anxiety out of the decision making process..

Lawrence Iteld, MD

Can you really try on a breast implant

+1

Size and shape are 'the' question when considering breast augmentation. The only way to know what is right for you (everyone will have an opinion, even your mother) is to do your own personal exploration, try bras, review photos, etc. and then stick to your instincts as to what the best 'you' should be like. Take everything you have learned and show your surgeon the look you expect after surgery. Unfortunately you cannot 'try on' a breast implant and simply read the number on the back. You can see if the look and feel is right, and only an experienced surgeon can then (at surgery) find the right size implant to produce your look.

+1

Your question and posted fashion photo are an unfair question over the internet. We/I can ONLY give you a wild guess. For me I would consider 450 to 500 cc ultra high profile (the new Mentor silicone-just did one today). Best to seek more IN PERSON opinions. 

Best Breast Implants for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

As you can imagine, it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals.

The best advice I can give you online is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This if communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Size this will be best for you

+1

The size that will be best for you depends on several factors. I help my patients select the correct size with two methods:

1. Dimensional planning and
2. A Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

I'm sure you'll love your results!

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

There are ways to best estimate breast implant size impact on final results!

+1

The implants you listed differ only by 50cc, which is 3 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon volume, a discrepancy that is barely visible by most patients. One, of course, is slightly bigger than the other, and as Dr. Gottlieb has correctly pointed out, an implant whose size you like in a bra will be 5-10% "too small" in your body under the muscle. Thus, the larger of the two will likely be the better choice between these options.

I feel that it takes 250cc to equal about one cup size, so you would be adding just under two cup sizes to your present breast volume. This means you're about right!

You are tall and slim, but have some breast tissue of your own, so saline implants will likely look and feel just fine, especially below the muscle. However, I would strongly consider silicone gel implants (latest cohesive implants) which cannot leak, have much less likelihood of visible or palpable rippling, and feel softer and more natural. 98-99% of my breast enlargement patients choose silicone, and every one of my nursing staff that had saline implants have switched to silicone. They have the benefit of seeing all of our saline and silicone patients over many years and truly have a personal perspective on this choice.

For more information read my Comprehensive Guide to Breast Augmentation by clicking on the web reference link below. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size

+1

To get an reasonable idea of what size my patients would like I perform a detailed examination and the utilize computer imaging and sizers to determine the best size for a particular patient.

Jay M. Pensler, MD