Opinion on Recovery Needed? 3 Weeks Post Op? (photo)

I am 3 weeks post-op. I saw the doc at 1 week, next in 6 weeks. There is still a lot of puffiness in the eyelids. One eyelid does not open "yet" as far as the other one. I'm not even sure if the stitches have completely dissolved. I've been putting Neosporin on the incisions at night and petroleum jelly during the day. Want to know when complete swelling will go down, and whether the incisions look normal to you. Why is one eye still not opening as the other did? Thank you.

+1

Appears as a normal recovery in your case. as seen in the posted photos. Best to discuss with your chosen surgeon in person 

Eyelids and swelling

+1

Swelling of the upper eyelids can take several weeks to subside. Give it more time and follow with your doctor.

Asymmetric swelling

+1

Asymmetric swelling is more common than completely symmetric swelling, so you should not be too worried. Your right eyelid is more droopy [lower] than the left side. I would not be surprised if we objectively reviewed your preoperative photos that you may have had a  small degree of asymmetry before surgery. This is called eyelid ptosis [droop]. This difference is often highlighted by the swelling associated with blepharoplasty [removing eyelid skin].

As this swelling goes down, the asymmetry will improve.

Long story short:  be patient. The swelling can sometimes takes weeks to settle, especially in older individuals

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Swelling 3 weeks post eyelid surgery

+1

Thank you for the photos.  It looks to be about what one might expect.  You still have some swelling which should get better.  as the swelling goes down the shape and the ability to open your eyes may continue to improve.   Please do inform your surgeon about your concerns.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/procedures/blepharoplasty-eyelift

Recovery after upper blepharoplasty

+1

It would be considered normal to still have some swelling at three weeks after an upper blepharoplasty, and you definitely still have some present.  The appearance of your eyes will change more as the swelling subsides.  The swelling could also be the cause of one eye not opening as much as the other. I would not be too concerned at this point and be sure to keep your next appointment.  Most likely things will look much better at that point. 

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon