Getting Second Opinion from an Oculoplastic Surgeon - Need Help?

Original surgeon wants me to get second opinions on the cause of eyelid strain after correction of ptosis, and eyelid surgery so that he can correct something. I trust him so I want to get a second opinion, or a confirmation. Would most oculoplastic surgeons not give me an answer or would they help me? I am currently looking into Los Angeles oculoplastic surgeons and love to write good reviews for informative answers, even if the surgeon doesn't know.

Second Opinion Regarding Eyelid Surgery

+2

I would encourage you to seek perhaps several second opinions regarding your eyelids. It sounds like your surgeon has even recommended a fresh look and opinion from someone else. I think most if not all reputable oculoplastic surgeons would give you an objective, worthwhile opinion regarding your situation. There are plenty of surgeons to choose from in the Los Angeles area, so be discriminating with your choice of who to see. 

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid, blepharoplasty,ptosis

+1

I don't exactly understand what you mean by eylid "strain". Are you having issues with dryness of your eyes or they don't close fully? How long are after surgery? These answers would be impoortant to know.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Best oculoplastic guy in LA area

+1

If you have an oculuplastic, go and see Dr. Meronk.  He's probably the best guy in the LA area.  Tell me how it goes!

Raghu Athre, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Oculoplastic surgeon

+1

There are many great oculoplastic surgeons in the Los Angeles area.  If you have a complicated eyelid issue, it is a good idea to seek other opinions, especially if your surgeon wants you to.

Dr T.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Getting a Second Opinion from anOculoplastic Surgeon

+1
I see NO reason whyyou shouldn't avail yourself from several second opinions to learn how your situation can be improved. The more people look at you and advise you the more you can be confident you are getting the best advice. Good Luck. Dr. Peter Aldea