Opinion on Lift with or Without Implant? (photo)

Hi there, I have spoken to a few surgeons and am getting conflicting responses. I am wanting to get a lift due to excess weight loss. I was a 34g (14g) and have now gone done to a deflated 28 dd (8dd) i want to regain the fullness in my breasts but dont want them to look fake at all. Would a lift alot give me the upper pole fullness or would i need implants?

Ultimate Breast Lift with Implants

+2

Your photograph shows marked descent of your breasts on the chest wall.  They are much too low, you have asymmetry with the right breast and smaller than the left.  If the asymmetry is not an issue then you can undergo a mastopexy, which would lift both breasts creating upper pole fullness without implants.  However, if you want to correct the asymmetry then you have to decide which breast you like most.  If you like the smaller right breast then the left breast can be reduced.  If you like the larger left breast then you will need an implant on the right side.  If you are dissatisfied with the size of both breasts then you could put implants bilaterally.  However, since you are a 28 DD and are satisfied with the volume, I do not recommend implants.  Remember the goal of breast surgery is to create beautiful breasts.  Beauty is determined by several factors including symmetry, skin tone, position of breast on the chest wall, position of areola, cleavage, shape and least of all volume.  You are an excellent candidate for The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift with or without implants.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Lift only or with implants?

+2

A lift only might not give you what you hope to achieve. It is probably better to have implants placed as well. Good luck.

Does my breast lift need implants?

+2

Looking at your photos along with your history of weight loss I believe that you need implants in conjunction with you breast lift. A lift alone will not give you the upper pole fullness you are seeking. You also have asymmetrical breasts which will need different size implants. The need for a breast lift together with implants is very common in patients who have undergone excess weight loss. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Opinion on Lift with or Without Implant?

+2

There are a few of us boarded PSs using a combination of full lift with fat grafting to the breasts. If you have some fat available becomes the question. Otherwise a small implant, UHP 200 to 250 cc, is needed. 

Breast implants will add fullness

+2

You will need implants to add fullness to your breasts.  Massive weight loss, unfortunately leaves you will larger breasts with minimal amount of breast tissue. You may want to consider a silicone implant since they are generally more natural feeling and looking.   

Breast Implants “Necessary” to Achieve my Goals?

+2

Thank you for the question.  It would be helpful to see frontal and side pictures of your breasts with your arms by your side.

Generally speaking, breast implants will be "necessary" to increase size/fullness of your breasts. Breast lifting, on the other hand will raise the breasts and the nipple/areola conflict is on your chest wall.

Of course, in person consultation and a full communication of your goals will be necessary to provide you with precise advice.  In my practice, I find the use of goal pictures helpful in this communication process. Remember that words such as “fake” can mean different things to different people and may be a source of miscommunication.

Will a lift give you upper pole fullness?

+2

Hi Miacat,

Thanks for your question and photo.

The short answer is you need an implant to get fullness to the upper part of the breast.  This can be done without looking 'fake'.  If you have a lift alone, you will have a scooped out look to the upper breasts.  Also note that you have different sized breasts.  If you get a lift with implants you will need different sized implants or will need a reduction on the larger size.

Best Wishes!

Pablo Prichard

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Lift?

+1

The breast augmentation would fill the skin envelope and may give you the look you are trying to achieve without additional incisions made for the lift.  Best to talk with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Lift with or Without Implant?

+1

Thanks for your question. The photo is of limited use because of different arm positions--standard would be both arms down at the side. This photo makes the breast size appear quite different, which you don't mention in the posting and I assume isn't so. 

I am not sure that you need a lift at all, but a lift alone will not given you more breast fullness, so I think implants or fat grafting would be in order.

Thanks. Please consider adding additional photos. Best wishes.

Lift with or without Implant?

+1

Hello,thank you for your question and  pic.  I'm Agree  with my colleges , my recommendation tough is Breast Enhancement with silicone  HP Implants, evaluate a Periareolar mastopexy and different size of implants for Asymmetry correction.

Best  Dr. Vega

Ricardo Vega, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon