What Your Opinion About Laser Bra Breast Reduction? (photo)

What is anyones opinion about Laser Bra Breast Reduction? I am 21 and i am 5'3 and about 160 to 175lbs an is has a somewhat tiny figure and have not yet had children. I have upper back pain an sagging with my breast. I am a 34O in bra size and have been sized with professional's more than once. In addition i am getting a little bit depressed because i have a hard time fitting into clothing & bras. I want to know what would be the best kind of surgery would be an what size would be best. Help

Bra Reduction - Laser

+1

LOTS of issues here...and, with the understanding that there's a limit to what can reasonably be discussed via this forum, and looking only at photos of you in clothes, here are some thoughts:

1)  I'm not sure what a Laser Bra Reduction is.  In general, if there is a significant excess of skin and/or breast tissue, you will need some type of an incision - whether with a scalpel or a comparable instrument - to remove the excess.  If you have JUST removal of breast tissue without addressing the skin, you may later have an excess of skin, thereby requiring a second procedure.

2)  34O is an unusual size.  Bra sizes vary widely and are under constant assault from the bra industry.  What was once a C is now called a D by some manufacturers, but not by others.  At 5' 3" and 160-175 pounds, I would think that - in general - someone in that range would have a larger size than a 34.  With a larger rib size, the cup size would, correspondingly, be smaller (ie, a 36 B may fit as well as a 34 C in some women).  While your breasts look fairly large in the photos (though it is, obviously, impossible to tell) they do not look like an O,

3)  Fitting into clothes is an ongoing challenge for many women.  Lots of clothing is designed for body shapes that do not seem to be the norm.  So having difficulty finding clothing puts you in good company.

I would suggest that you try to lose some weight, as your stated weight seems higher than ideal for your frame.  Once you have done that, or if you are unable to do so, the next step would be a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can examine you in person, and make recommendations that are specific for you.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Laser Bra Fad

+1

A breast reduction requires a portion of the skin external surface to be removed, this is called de-epithelization.  There are varies techniques and none (including laser) have proved to be superior to the others.  Since you are a size 34 O, you will need to be reduced to something more in the normal range, probably D or DD.  This will make it easier to find clothing and bras that fit.  Also, the size reduction will help with pain.  The goal of breast reduction surgery is to produce the most attractive result possible with minimal scarring.  I recommend avoiding vertical scars or boat anchor shaped scars, as they are impossible to hide and can widen in time.  There is a new technique called " The Ultimate Reduction" that transfers the weight off the skin envelope to the underlying muscle.  This helps relieves pain as well.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.fastcodesign.com/1663319/how-one-surgeon-is-reinventing-the-female-breast-sfw

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Laser bra

+1

From your photos, it appears that you area a good candidate for reduction mammaplasty, although it would be helpful to see photos out of clothes. A few plastic surgeons may promote the use of the laser in breast reduction for marketing purposes, but the is no evidence that this is a superior technique to a traditional approach or that the results are any better. I would  be somewhat skeptical, but base your overall selection of surgeon on factors such as experience and photos of cases the surgeon has performed.

Laser bra breast reduction

+1

Laser bra breast reduction sound like a marketing tool to get patients in the office.  Be careful of these types of gimmicks.

Breast Reduction Should be Very Fulfilling for you- but beware "Laser" procedures

+1

Hi there-

There is no doubt in my mind that if you make good choices, breast reduction surgery will be a very rewarding and positive experience for you.

I would be extremely wary of any surgeon that is trying to get your attention by marketing "laser breast reduction".  There is no magic in plastic surgery- whether you use a laser, a robot, pixie dust, or any other gimmick. Just good training, experience, and hopefully some talent.

The greatest concern, beyond the fact that doctors are engaging in this kind of snake oil marketing, is the fact that this person will be making decisions that will impact your safety and happiness. If they have already demonstrated their willingness to compromise their ethics and morals by engaging in such deceptive (if not fraudulent) activities, how can you possibly have confidence that the decisions they make while you are asleep are in your best interests, and not just in theirs?

I would run away from anyone using such gimmicks and cute names (quick lift, lunch time lipo, naturalfill) to attract patients.

Find an ethical, responsible, skilled and talented surgeon who can demonstrate a history of consistently lovely and natural results and visit for a consultation. You'll be glad you did.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Forget the laser bra

+1

Watch out for any "sounds too good to be true" marketing in plastic surgery as if using a catchy phrase like "laser bra" is some kind of magic.  What you should do is find the best breast reduction plastic surgeon in your region and let them use the technique they think is best.

Laser bra breast reduction

+1

Thank you for the photos. You would benefit from a breast reduction. Laser breast reduction is a marketing term to make you believe that the surgeon using it is hi tech and way ahead of his peers. This refers to removing the superficial skin of the breast that will be lifted and covered by skin. One can do this by burning it with a hot laser or removing it with a cold knife. End result=no diffference. See a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in short scar breast reduction surgery. The laser breast reduction surgeon might charge you more by making you believe that he is at the cutting edge (no pun intended) of plastic surgery. Remember, the laser is just another tool in the hands of the surgeon and has nothing to do with the ultimate outcome (unless it's used inapropriately).

Web reference: http://bellevueplasticsurgeons.com

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Laser bra breast reduction

+1

You seem like a good candidate for a breast reduction. 

Cosmetic surgery rule number 1:

Avoid any surgeon who proposes a technique with a nifty, high tech name, particularly if it includes the word "laser". They are probably calling themselves a "cosmetic surgeon" and are not a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Either way, they are trying to market their services by appealing to people's inherent gullibility and belief that if it sounds high tech and "new" then it must be better.

Laser breast reduction makes as much sense as a laser cup of coffee and a laser dog leash...sounds high tech, adds nothing.  I just got an email advertising a Vampire facelift technique that I can pay to learn.  Maybe I should offer a Twilight tummy tuck!

Laser Breast Reduction?

+1

Based on this ( and previous)  descriptions of your situation,  I think you may do very well with breast reduction surgery. I would suggest that as you do your due diligence and research the procedure,  you concentrate on finding the best plastic surgeon ( not necessarily the best “technique”).  I think you will find that it is the quality of the work done,  as opposed to the specific technique,  that is most critical to the outcome of your surgery.

In regards to selection of plastic surgeon, I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons and ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

Opinion regarding Laser Bra Breast Reduction?

+1

Dear Katie,

It is obvious that you would GREATLY benefit from a well done Breast Reduction procedure. Many medical insurance companies (not all) still cover the operation providing you meet their particular criteria (which you should have no trouble doing).  The vast majority of women can have a long lasting, perky result with a limited scar by having a SHORT SCAR Breast Reduction (such as a Hall-Findlay).

As regards the laser breast reduction. You are a victim to shameless marketing. There is NOTHING madical by burning the breast skin which needs to be removed with a laser. This is just another shameless exploitation of the public's never ending fascination with lasers starting in May 1977 with STAR WARS, Obi-Wan Kenobi and the laser sabers. Since then were were fed a constant diet of BS preceded by the term "laser". Such as laser hernia repair, laser hemorrhoid removal, etc. The latest being laser liposuction. 

For your safety stay away from those touting "laser" as a surgery adjunct, pick a good Plastic surgeon and you will do great.