Overall opinion, dropping and potential nipple revision. Will I need one? (Photo)

My lift plus augmentation was three and a half weeks ago, overall I am very happy! My right breast is still a bit high, which I think is normal this early on. My dr mentioned a potential "simple" nipple revision to raise it a bit. I thought and am hoping it will raise more once it drops a bit. It was much more bruised and swollen then the left and actually still has bruises. Do you think they may even out on their own once the "drop and fluff" is complete?

Revision after mastopexy and augmentation

+2
Thank you for your picture. I think that this should settle out over time if not I agree a small revision probably in the office would work. Good luck.

Earl Stephenson Jr MD DDS FACS

Potential nipple revision after breast implants plus left

+2
It is far too early in your recovery process to be concerned about needing a revision.  Based on your photographs  your result looks very good at 3-1/2 weeks.  You are correct your implants will drop and fluff and this will make the nipple areola position look higher.

I would wait until at least 3 months to evaluate nipple areola position, size and your result.  If there is significant asymmetry at that point and you wish it should be corrected then discuss this with your plastic surgeon.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Concern about revision is premature!

+2
Thanks for your photo; you look fabulous for this point in your recovery. Your breast lift scars will soften, stretch, and fade as they mature, and since the effects of gravity are 100% for everyone, your implants are guaranteed to drop. The only questions that cannot be answered by anyone are: "How low will they drop?" and "How long will it take?"

Follow-up appointments with your surgeon can help you make the right decisions about when and what type of bra to wear, or how to aid one side in dropping a bit more than the other (if one side is a bit different from its counterpart).

I believe it is premature to even be discussing "simple" revisions of any kind, but that may have simply been an honest reply to your question about what could be done should asymmetry persist. I would not contemplate revision until at least 6 months or more has passed.

BTW, I prefer the terminology of "softening, dropping, and settling" to "drop and fluff." I don't know who first applied the term "fluff" to breast implant surgery, as it has nothing to do with Marshmallow Creme, a soft, downy mass, or forgetting one's lines in a play. Neither does it have to do with what female extras are hired to do to keep the male porn stars "ready" for their scenes. So let's just use the terms "soften, settle, and drop," OK?

Your breasts should continue to look better and better as time goes by. Continue to see your surgeon and follow her/his advice! For an example of one of my breast lift plus implant patients at 3 months post-op, click on the web reference link below. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Overall opinion, dropping and potential nipple revision. Will I need one?

+2
Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation/lifting operation.  Yes, it is possible that with further “dropping and fluffing” of the involved breast implant, the current lower nipple/areola complex will shift superiorly. It is not uncommon, for breast implants to settle differentially during the first few months after breast augmentation surgery. At this point, your best “friends” are time, patience, and follow up with your plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

Wait 3-4 months before assessing results

+1
It is difficult to say whether your nipples will even out. Please wait about 3-4 months before you assess your results.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

+1
In posted photo left appears lower in the N/A So you would need a minor donut lifting operation after a few months of healing.