Operative Report for Breast Augmentation Wrong, Should I Do Something?

Four years ago, I had breast augmentation-mastopexy (benelli type) surgery to correct tuberous breasts. The surgery was a failure and I am looking to remove the implants and get fat grafting. I recently received my operative report from my original surgeon and, among numerous spelling errors, it says I had an inframammary incision made when I did not. The implants were inserted through an areola incision. Does this type of error combined with the bad result warrant some sort of call for action?

+1

Since this is an official document, it can't be changed without acknowledging the changes. Unfortunately, mistakes do happen in documentation. What I would suggest is to contact your original surgeon, point out the errors, and ask that they be corrected. Also request a copy of the revised operative report, so that you can keep that in your records.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon