Which Operation Would I Benefit to Get a Better Jawline and Chin (Maybe Also a Bit Longer Face)? (photo)

Hello, i am a 23 year old model, with my work i always get to hear you have a bad jawline and stick your neck out. The problem is i think is that i have a thick neck and my jawline goes fast into my neck. Also when i have a beard then i have a bit off a double chin. I am thinking of maybe a sliding genioplasty (to also lengthen my chin downwards) or a chin implant Necklift but no fat 10% (maybe tighten or cut muscles) or jaw implants. Thank you already for the response!

Improving the jaw line

+2

Working with models is tough and not the same as the general population.  I think, from the pictures, that your chin is proportionate.  I would recommend  a submental lipectomy and corsette platysmaplasty to define the jaw more and attempt to avoid the double chin effect when your chin is down.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Jawline Enhancement with Angle Implants

+2

Based on the pictures you have shown, I do not see any major deficiences in your horizontal chin projection or your submental soft tissues. It is not clear that a vertical lengthening genioplasty would be a major improvement although that would await computer imaging analysis. What I do note is a signficant jaw angle deficiency as this may be what you mean by 'my jawline disappearing into my neck'. Lowering and widening the jaw angles with angular implants can make a major enhancement of the male jawline and is the one aesthetic change that I see as most beneficial to your aesthetic goals.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Better jawline and chin - jaw surgery vs. necklift

+2

From your photos, it looks like you have adequate projection of your chin.  If there is excessive soft tissue or fat deposit giving you a double chin then a submental liposuction with possible platysmaplasty (tightening of the neck fan-like muscle) will give a crisper chin neck angle and more definition to the jawline.  skeletal augmenation with jaw or chin implants may help depending on the amount of augmentation you desire. 

C. Carson Huynh, MD, DMD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jaw line improvement

+2

I would encourage you to resend some photos including a profile (side) view where your head and body are both facing the same direction and not just your head turned to the side.  Indeed sliding genioplasty and chin implants +/- some form of surgery to the area under the jaw such as liposuction and/or tightening of the platysma muscle may be indicated... @drryanstanton 

Ryan Stanton, MD

Operation for an improved jawline

+1

A chin implant will give more augmentation to the chin area in the frontal projection, a degree of width and vertical height depending upon the size that is used.  When needed, these implants can be custom carved to give additional augmentation in certain areas.