What Operation Would Make Me Beautiful? Do I Need to Lose Weight Before Abdominoplasty? (photo)

What operation would make me beautiful? Do I need to lose weight before abdominoplasty? What operation would make me beautiful? Do I need to lose weight before abdominoplasty? my weight my 143.3 lbs, and height 5' 5". please give advice.

Several body contouring options

+2

Hello Olga,

Thank you for the question and the excellent photos.  What procedures would be ideal for you depends on what you would like to accomplish.  With regards to your abdomen and waist I think liposuction of your waist circumferentially and a full tummy tuck would provide a significant improvement.  The fat that has been removed with the liposuction can be discarded or it can be used to shape the buttocks if that is also a desired goal.  

Dr. Remus Repta

Ready for Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

+2

You do not need to lose weight before having a tummy tuck.  You would do well with a full tummy tuck and liposuction around the waistline and into the back. You may also consider having breast surgery at the same time. The combination of both breast and abdominal surgery can make for a dramatic change in the appearance of your body.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Ideal Weight for Tummy Tuck

+2

Based on your photos and your height and weight, it appears that it isn't absolutely necessary for you to lose weight prior to an abdominoplasty. 

If you choose to actively lose weight, it is always best to lose that weight prior to the operation.  That allows more skin to be resected and often a better final aesthetic result may be obtained.  

Best of luck to you!

Joshua Cooper, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck after weight loss

+2

From your photos it looks like you may have already lost most of your weight - well done.  Once you are at your ideal weight and have had a stable weight for about 3 months you would get your best results from surgery.

it is likely that you will get a good result from an abdominoplasty.  If you lose some more weight then an extended abdominoplasty or body lift maybe a better option

The photos of your back suggest some excess skin in the scapular region and this is something you also need to consider.  A body lift may help correct this but sometimes a direct excision is required.

I suggest you have a consultation with a plastic surgeon who can examine you in person and discuss your options.

Kind regards,

Dean

Dean Trotter, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Which plastic surgery procedure is indicated for me

+2

I don't think you have to lose weight before your procedure. Based on your pictures, the following procedures could benefit your overall goal: tummy tuck with liposuction of abdomen, liposuction only of the abdomen, liposuction of saddle bags and love handles, backlift, liposuction of arms, and a breast enlargement. I would start with the areas that bother me the most and go from there.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Lipo-Abdominoplasty

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. A lipo-abdominoplasty or marriage abdominoplasty would be the most effective body contouring procedure for you.  Consult with a surgeon experienced in this technique. All the best.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

What Operation Would Make Me Beautiful?

+1

A physical o private evaluation is important to know which parts of your body you dislike, number of children, age etc. It is important to focus and improve your priorities.

I think you do not need to lose weight before a tummy tuck.

In my opinion the following procedures can be good to improve your body:

"Breast augmentation, tummy tuck, lipo of waist and back"

Walkiris Robles, MD

Tummy Tuck

+1

A tummy tuck can be an effective tool for shaping and sculpting the body for better body appearance and improved self esteem.
Sometimes no amount of diet and exercise can create a flat tummy. Tummy tuck plastic surgery actually tightens abdominal muscles and removes excess fat and skin from the stomach area to create a tighter, slimmer, smoother belly. A tummy tuck can be combined with other procedures such as liposuction of your waists or flanks (i.e. love handles) to fine tune your result.

Patients choose abdominoplasty cosmetic surgery for a number of reasons, including:
Excess abdominal skin following weight loss; Weight gain (beer belly or spare tire) from a sedentary lifestyle; Abdominal fat that is resistant to diet and exercise; Stretched stomach muscles from pregnancy; Desire for a thinner profile; Desire to look younger and fitter; Desire to fit into clothes better.

I recommend you visit with an ASPS member plastic surgeon to further explore your options and to find out if you are a candidate for this procedure.
Best wishes!
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

What Operation Would Make Me Beautiful? Do I Need to Lose Weight Before Abdominoplasty?

+1

I would offer a full TT with MR and lipo on back only . Fee from $8,000. Best to obtain IN PERSON consults. 

+1

I think that a tummy tuck coupled with liposuction of the sides and the back will give you a very nice result.  I think that weight loss at this point is really up to you.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA