Operating Three Months After Rhinoplasty?

my surgeon said he would check on my healing at three months and operate to finesse his work. Isn't that too soon to do a revision? plus isn't that more difficult to do than initial surgery? im not sure i want him operating on my nose since he has left it looking worse looking than it did prior to surgery (he did not correct what i asked for which was a minor hump removal, and changed what i had liked about my nose by removing fullness from the sides)

Ideal Timing for Revision Nose Job (Revison Rhinoplasty)

+2

Hi Anon, It is very critically important to have full confidence and trust in your surgeon. Revision rhinoplasty is more difficult. It is wise to wait at least 6-12 months after undergoing repeat surgery. It is essential that your surgery be performed by someone passionate about rhinoplasty and getting the best result.

Hope this was helpful.

Surgery 3 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

I don't know what you and your physician do not like, but it is rare that any rhinoplasty surgeon would recommend a revision 3 months after the primary surgery. If you lack confidence in your surgeon, get an second opinion before scheduling any additional work.

Timing of revisions in rhinoplasty

+1

Healing occurs over many months after a rhinoplasty, and subtle changes may be visible at one year out. Usually revisions are deferred for several months after surgery. Trust and confidence in your surgeon are extremely important. Sometimes an additional procedure is required to achieve the desired result.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Best Timing for Revision Rhinoplasty

+1
hi, Trust in your surgeon is essential in rhinoplasty and revision surgery. Most rhinoplasty surgeons wait at least 6 to 12 months before revision to allow swelling and healing forces to resolve. You need to decide about your level of confidence in your surgeon. Good luck and be well. Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Timing of rhinoplasty revision (secondary nose job)

+1

The timing will depend on the intervention. However, I generally advise patients to wait a year prior to rhinoplasty revision.