Have You Ever Operated on a Size 2 Woman Who Only Had a Small Flap over Her Csection Scar?

Hello, my PS said it was only about a pound and a half of skin. I really regret having this tummy tuck wothout stitching the abs. I have a scar from hip to hip, an incision that opened and is big, but healing and small dogears. Was this all necessary? Would ypu have done a full tuck on the type of patient I described? Thank you.

Small Flap after Csection- Is a Tummy Tuck Necessary?

+1

This is an excellent question. Most woman have four choices to improve their abdomen after babies.

1- Liposuction. Not a good choice for a small woman without much fat and loose skin.

2- Scar Revision. A small, incision is used to remove the scar. It flattens. It improves the ledge and bulge at the site.

3- Mini Tummy Tuck. This adds muscle tightening and liposuction. It will give a flatter result for those interested.

4- A Full Tummy Tuck. This is the largest procedure and might not be necessary for all. If a woman has lots of loose skin, in particular above the navel, this may be the best choice.

The important thing is to review all options with your surgeon. Becoming educated is very important. For you this may be too late. However, your case will improve with time. Talk to doctor in detail. He will probably be able to help you.

Dr Chris Saunders

West Chester Plastic Surgeon

Indications For Tummy Tucks

+1
Thank you for your question. Unfortunately it is difficult to give you an accurate answer without pre and postop photos.  Consult your surgeon if you still have concerns regarding your recovery.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

+1

The answer to question one is yes.

As to the other question, there is not enough info to respond. At a minimum, before photos, preferably accompanied by current photos. 

Please consider reposting your question with the additional material. All the best. 

Full abdominoplasty almost always the best choice after pregnancy

+1

Without more information I can't comment specifically on your case. Nevertheless most women who have given birth do best by a full abdominoplasty which repairs the damage to the abdominal wall.