If I Get Operated Again, Are There Any Chances Not to Appear Supratip Again, or It Will Always Be There? (photo)

Hello. I had 2 rhinoplasties, the first one 3 yeas ago, and the second one 2 years and a half. After both of them appared supratip fulness (fibrosis). Why did it happen? Does this problem have a treatment? If I get operated again (and for the third time...), are there any chances not to appear supratip again, or it will always be there? Thank you very much, Alina Nica.

Persistent Supra-tip Fullness after Rhinoplasty

+1

Surpa-tip fullness is secondary to a lack of projection of the tip or too much projection above the tip. After your first rhinoplasty the tip was not adequately projected. The tip does look more refined after the second surgery but I cannot evaluate projection because you didn't submit a profile view. Regardless of the cause, a pollybeak can be corrected. 

Fullness in the supra-tip, the area above the tip of the nose making it look too round, can be treated

+1

After rhinoplasty there may appear swelling above the tip that may turn into scar tissue. This occurs for a number of reasons, first is swelling that can be treated with injection of steroids early and 5-FU months to years after surgery. Another reason is loss of tip support. If the tip is weak and poorly supported, fullness above the tip may be from a relative height difference. Supporting the tip will make this go away. There are other causes, see a revision speicalist for an examination and personal opinion.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD